Fat-Flush Diet Soup

Options
I was wondering if anyone has heard of this or tired it???????

Replies

• Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...interesting
  • bassettpig
    bassettpig Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know--no such thing as a magic bullet....

If it sounds like something you WANT to eat, then go ahead, but if it really worked, MFP would likely be out of business by now.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Recipe for Fat-Flush Diet Soup

2 tsp. olive oil
    1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef,turkey or shredded chicken
    1 onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic chopped
    1 bell pepper chopped
    8 oz. mushrooms chopped
    1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (32 oz) bottle reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable juice
    1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
    1 (14 oz) can beans rinsed, drained
    1 Tbs. ground cumin
    1/8 tsp. cayenne or to taste
    1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley chopped

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute meat, drain set aside...Saute onion garlic peppers and mushrooms until soft (5minutes)
    stir remaining ingredients except cilantro and parsley cover simmer 20 minutes stir in cilantro and parsley simmer 10 more minutes... STORE soup in frig up to 5 days. Freezes well.
    Makes 16 cups
    ! serving = 3 cups

Serving: 5...Cal 315...Fat 9...Chol 65...Pro 31...Carb 30...Sodium 1185...Fiber 8..
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know--no such thing as a magic bullet....

If it sounds like something you WANT to eat, then go ahead, but if it really worked, MFP would likely be out of business by now.

Yes I understand but was thinking of a healthy soup for winter.
  • Mariabjournal
    Mariabjournal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It Actually sounds really good
  • ajsoblessed
    Options
    I actually am on Day 2 of this very soup diet. My mother read in a Women's health magazine, that you can lose 10 lbs in 3 days. It really isn't hard...I am a little tired of the soup, but thankfully for dinner, I can substitute lean protein and veggies for the soup. Will do this tonight!
  • overjoy
    overjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If its the one in Women's first magazine, I am trying it this week. I made the soup tonight and it taste pretty good. It is like chili, I used the ground turkey!!
  • overjoy
    overjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i like the soup diets because they make you more aware of what and how much you are eating and mostly used them as a jumpstart to eating more healthy. Plus when I make up a batch it keeps me from buying fast food at lunch time because I can take it at the beginning of the week and have my lunch already for the rest of the week at work. If its good I rarely get tired of eating it.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Recipe for Fat-Flush Diet Soup

2 tsp. olive oil
    1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef,turkey or shredded chicken
    1 onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic chopped
    1 bell pepper chopped
    8 oz. mushrooms chopped
    1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (32 oz) bottle reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable juice
    1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice

Thank you for sharing...I did it years ago and it really worked...was thinking about starting it again
    1 (14 oz) can beans rinsed, drained
    1 Tbs. ground cumin
    1/8 tsp. cayenne or to taste
    1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley chopped

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute meat, drain set aside...Saute onion garlic peppers and mushrooms until soft (5minutes)
    stir remaining ingredients except cilantro and parsley cover simmer 20 minutes stir in cilantro and parsley simmer 10 more minutes... STORE soup in frig up to 5 days. Freezes well.
    Makes 16 cups
    ! serving = 3 cups

Serving: 5...Cal 315...Fat 9...Chol 65...Pro 31...Carb 30...Sodium 1185...Fiber 8..
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the good ol' Dolly Parton Diet soups that was going around years ago......lots of cabbage and no meat in hers though!!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of any type of fad diets, but that soup recipe looks yummy - maybe I'll have to make some and just eat it as soup!