HcG

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that the people marked as 'rude' are typically the ones that know WTF they're talking about. I always listen to them.
    I always listen to total strangers on the internetz...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that the people marked as 'rude' are typically the ones that know WTF they're talking about. I always listen to them.

Hey, when it comes to all things pee-related, the internet is your leader in cutting-edge information.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If you want info go to the board were you will get answers and not get beat up on!! I'm currently on it and love it. This is my second round I kept all but 5 lbs off from my first round and decided to do another round to get off the rest of the weight. To find the board just type in HCG to the search and click on the one that says for people on it or thinking of doing it!!
    So in a little over a month you've lost 15lbs? Pretty expensive way to do it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I read something the other day that they have raised it up to 800 calories a day.
    No that's a "phase" in the diet.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When someone asks a legitimate question, people really shouldnt be rude, this person was asking about hcg. this site is here to promote encouragement and support. A simple, I don't think it is safe.... would suffice. just sayin...
    :flowerforyou:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Hey, when it comes to all things pee-related, the internet is your leader in cutting-edge information.

Especially the drinkable and injectable pee. This is MFPee! Duh.

Oh, and I would like to sincerely apologize to the woman who was offended by the "ducking" and "storm shelter" comments. It was very rude for us to give an accurate portrayal of what types of comments threads like this normally bring. Next time, I will check with you to make sure you approve my message and confirm you did not take your hypersensitive and quick to anger pill.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Whats the going rate on pregnant woman pee these days? I know when my wife was pregnant i could have made a killing..........she went every ten minutes.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When someone asks a legitimate question, people really shouldnt be rude, this person was asking about hcg. this site is here to promote encouragement and support. A simple, I don't think it is safe.... would suffice. just sayin...

I hear ya, and I see that they are new, so I'll cut them some slack . . .but learn this now young grass hopper. VVVV the SEARCH feature will become one of your best friends and, trust me, there are plenty of heated topics on HCG to search on here.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, that is if they haven't been deleted . . .:bigsmile:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Whats the going rate on pregnant woman pee these days? I know when my wife was pregnant i could have made a killing..........she went every ten minutes.

You better get busy and make more babies! Mo babies = Mo money!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Dangerous and stupid activities should not be supported, promoted, or encouraged.... regardless of anyone's feelings or the legitimacy of their question. Just sayin.... :flowerforyou:
  • New_Hope
    Options

I agree with you, but apparently some people really are just rude and have nothing better to do, BUT be rude.

As for the diet: I have mixed feelings about it. If you only consume 500 calories, you're going to lose weight ... Regardless of whether or not you spend the $800/month for the hormones (the injected ones, not the ones you buy online. Those ones don't contain enough of the HcG to be worth wasting ANY money). It just seems way too expensive. As far as "unsafe" I guess that depends on the amount of fat stores you have. As long as your body has fat tissue to eat, it will. If you weigh within 20 lbs of healthy weight, I'm not sure I'd waste the money. Then again, I'm 40 lbs overweight and I STILL wouldn't waste the money. Better just to eat healthy and take your time. It makes life easier and a lot less stressful if you don't have to obsessively worry about keeping your food below 500 calories a day.
  • albinogorilla
    Options

I agree with you, but apparently some people really are just rude and have nothing better to do, BUT be rude.

As for the diet: I have mixed feelings about it. If you only consume 500 calories, you're going to lose weight ... Regardless of whether or not you spend the $800/month for the hormones (the injected ones, not the ones you buy online. Those ones don't contain enough of the HcG to be worth wasting ANY money). It just seems way too expensive. As far as "unsafe" I guess that depends on the amount of fat stores you have. As long as your body has fat tissue to eat, it will. If you weigh within 20 lbs of healthy weight, I'm not sure I'd waste the money. Then again, I'm 40 lbs overweight and I STILL wouldn't waste the money. Better just to eat healthy and take your time. It makes life easier and a lot less stressful if you don't have to obsessively worry about keeping your food below 500 calories a day.

Eating 500 calories is bad for you............losing more than 2 lbs a week............bad for you...............
  • New_Hope
    Options

Eating 500 calories is bad for you............losing more than 2 lbs a week............bad for you...............

That's what I was saying ... See: " Better just to eat healthy and take your time."
  • albinogorilla
    Options

That's what I was saying ... See: " Better just to eat healthy and take your time."

sorry hard to keep up with you when you keep going back and editing your posts................
  • New_Hope
    Options

sorry hard to keep up with you when you keep going back and editing your posts................

I didn't add that part in. It was there originally. I fixed a typo, if I edited it at all. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, but I'm not here to fight with some stranger over the internet. That would be childish.
  • albinogorilla
    Options

I didn't add that part in. It was there originally. I fixed a typo, if I edited it at all. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, but I'm not here to fight with some stranger over the internet. That would be childish.

it says right under your post when you edit it.........take a peek........... ms. "if i edited it at all......"
    going back and changing your posts to make other people look silly...........makes you look silly............
  • New_Hope
    Options
    In the end, very few (if any of us) are qualified to actually TELL you what to do. Talk to your doctor. Mine recommended the Mediterranean Diet and it's worked well for me, so maybe your doctor could give you something that would help you lose the weight you need / want to lose.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You know what I don't understand about the HCG diet? The hormone is supposed to suppress your appetite, but I have never been more hungry in my life than I was when I was pregnant.

I was virtually a bottomless pit of hunger. I think if I took HCG, I'd gain weight because I wouldn't be able to stop eating.

Of course, I did have monster morning sickness, which DID cause extreme weight loss, so maybe it would just make me throw up.
  • KristaM77
    KristaM77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 lbs in 30 days with the HCG diet. I loved it and I will be doing another round. There is so much more that goes on with your body by doing this diet than just saying it is a starvation diet. Not only did I lose the weight, I have kept it off. I had no ill side effects at all and my lab test including my thyroid function test have shown great improvement.

People keep talking about the dangers and yet this diet has been around since the 1950's. Anything that is as dangerous as people want to assume it 'Must' be would be all over the news. Dr. Oz did an episode on this and they only danger he cautioned on was the fact that some people are taking drops that may not actually have HCG in it. His advice simply urged people to do this diet medically supervised. With all the recent studies I guarantee people would be lining up to talk about the horror stories they had while on this diet.

All I can say is for me it has worked. You may find that this is not the right plan for you and that is okay. We all want to achieve our goals in the way that is best for our own lives. Diversity is a wonderful thing and people should not be bashed for going with something that works for them.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 lbs in 30 days with the HCG diet. I loved it and I will be doing another round. There is so much more that goes on with your body by doing this diet than just saying it is a starvation diet. Not only did I lose the weight, I have kept it off. I had no ill side effects at all and my lab test including my thyroid function test have shown great improvement.

People keep talking about the dangers and yet this diet has been around since the 1950's. Anything that is as dangerous as people want to assume it 'Must' be would be all over the news. Dr. Oz did an episode on this and they only danger he cautioned on was the fact that some people are taking drops that may not actually have HCG in it. His advice simply urged people to do this diet medically supervised. With all the recent studies I guarantee people would be lining up to talk about the horror stories they had while on this diet.

All I can say is for me it has worked. You may find that this is not the right plan for you and that is okay. We all want to achieve our goals in the way that is best for our own lives. Diversity is a wonderful thing and people should not be bashed for going with something that works for them.

23 pounds in 30 days is very unhealthy, and a large % of that would be lean muscle, not fat. I would not call that working for you, any more than 2 lb/week is unhealthy, so if by work for you, you mean unhealthy weight loss, then yeah I guess it "worked" for you. Please stop hurting yourselves with these types of diets. The best thing to do is eat a little less, mostly fruit and veggies, and move a little more.

FYI: Doctor's especially TV doctor's have very limited education on nutrition and most likely they get paid for having their patients go on a diet like HCG, for the HCG providers.