Night time temptations...

Options
What do I do? I have terrible problems with insomnia and I get so so hungry during the night. The problem is that I cant get to sleep in the first place, and then the hunger makes it impossible! I usually have bowl of raisin wheats with skimmed milk and that does the trick but I would rather eat nothing like normal people...
Any tips?
xx

PS. Tried, hot baths, reading, lavender, herbal sleeping remedies.... some times I can get to sleep and I wake up hungry...

:ohwell:

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What do I do? I have terrible problems with insomnia and I get so so hungry during the night. The problem is that I cant get to sleep in the first place, and then the hunger makes it impossible! I usually have bowl of raisin wheats with skimmed milk and that does the trick but I would rather eat nothing like normal people...
    Any tips?
    xx

PS. Tried, hot baths, reading, lavender, herbal sleeping remedies.... some times I can get to sleep and I wake up hungry...

:ohwell:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough during the day?
    Try to eat something light as a snack about 3 hours before bedtime. I will eat a cracker with 1 tbsp. peanut butter or apple. Keeps me full all night. Try it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Depending on the calories you have left if any, a great late might snack is cottage cheese and a piece of celery...the protein in cottage cheese is a different kind that digests slowly and it is low carbs...so if you must have something late...stay away from high carbs
    good luck
    Dave
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try to put them into practice this week!
    Cottage cheese is a revelation. It pretty much goes with everything I love it! Especially the pineapple stuff..