Started the 30 day shred!

Options

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wil lhopefully get mine in the mail today. I have 5 lb weights is that to much and I don't have amat but I have a rug in my living room which should be fine. Does it work every muscle or just certain ones. I run for 45 min a day and I will do this also everyday to get the best result. I am also doing body for life its awesome and have lost 7 lbs need to update my weight on here.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just got done with the 30 day shred. OMG it totally kicked my butt. I am so out of shape!!! What do you put this under in your exercise diary???

I love it and hate, lol!!! I love it because I know I am doing something great for my body. I hate it because I have to workout.
  • kahuiz
    kahuiz Posts: 2
    Options
    I am on day 30 of the 30 day Shred! I have probably missed 5 days of the 30 of workout (2 of them being from the FLU, the other 3 days being just rest days). I have done all three levels and all three levels still kick my butt!!! I LOVE the workouts b/c they are 20 minutes and basically you get three different workouts on one cheap DVD!!! I use 5 lb. weights - which for some exercises are a bit too heavy, but I make it work!

I am having a real hard time figuring out how to add this video in my exercise diary - I just haven't been entering in anything. I wish I had a Calorie burn counter so that I could figure out how many calories I am burning during the workouts! I've gotta believe it's a lot b/c I sweat and my heart rates gets up there at times!

I started at 136 lbs - 5'6. I am down 4 lbs. and I feel GREAT - I have noticed (as have other people) that I look much more tone and skinnier! Love my new body and I am pretty sure I am addicted to working out which I NEVER have been before as I have never really struggled with weight per say.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I would also like to know if anyone knows the calories burned. It should be alot I was drinched!:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned to put it under circuit training. So when I did that with my height and weight it said I only burned 135 calories:ohwell: Not sure if it's under the right catagory. Maybe someone else has more info on this.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mbb8682
    Options
    I just did the 30 min shred WOW is all I can say I feel awesome I want to know how many calories we burn when we do it because it has to be alot we are all drenched when we are done. Is anyone a member of her site?
  • shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    I got my 30 day Shred about 2 weeks ago. I did it 3 days last week and I am still on level 1. It kicked my butt!!!! I think I am going to do level 1 for 1 more week (4 times this week) then try to to level 2. I also do Pilates the other 3 days, so I am hoping to see results soon.

I also put this under Circut training, but I think I am burning more calories then it says.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    love it. i'm moving onto level 2 this evening...
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for the first time yesterday, My legs hurt some but im great,
    I had to stop a few times throughout the dvd to catch my breath, I guess a few more
    days and I'll get the hang of it.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    When I did the shred yesterday I too had to catch my breath. I am so sore today, that I just want to sit. But I have to keep moving!!! She really kicked my butt.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    I did it yesterday and it kicked my butt but I am doing it again today. And the rest of the week.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    hoping I can do it day. I feel so tight though!!! So sore!!!
  • age1389
    Options
    hoping I can do it day. I feel so tight though!!! So sore!!!

I felt the same way but I did it anyway and it actually helped the soreness and the tightness.

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I did my 30 Day Shred for the 2nd time just now! Wow! I still sweat like a pig!! And ya know, it's kind of hard doing crunches on a mat when my cat won't get off it. She laid under my legs the whole time. Is that considered extra calories burned when you try NOT to mash the cat?? Good workout!
  • abillings9
    Options
    To add it to my diary, I made my own exercise entry and used this site.. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc to calculate the calories burned. I put 9 mins. weight lifting, vigorous, 6 mins. aerobic, high impact, 3 min. calisthenics, vigorous and 2 mins. stretching. It puts me at 135 calories burned, which seems pretty low for the sweat I break doing it, but that's only temporary until I get a HRM and can get a real count.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    It has to be way more than 135 calories burned doing that tape has to be.
  • age1389
    Options
    To add it to my diary, I made my own exercise entry and used this site.. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc to calculate the calories burned. I put 9 mins. weight lifting, vigorous, 6 mins. aerobic, high impact, 3 min. calisthenics, vigorous and 2 mins. stretching. It puts me at 135 calories burned, which seems pretty low for the sweat I break doing it, but that's only temporary until I get a HRM and can get a real count.

That's the same number I got:ohwell:

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I put on my exercise diary circuit training and got 312 calories. I figured with all the up and down and everything else that it may qualify. Does that sound about right? I weigh 184 pounds.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    WOW, I just did this for the 1st time yesterday and again this morning! It is definitely a kick butt workout. I had to take a couple breathers (for 5 seconds at a time like Jillian says on the dvd) and it's only 20 min. For those of you wondering if its a good enough workout in only 20 min, I am sore today and when I'm doing it, the sweat is running down my face-gross I know, but that is not really normal for me when I exercise. I sweat a little, but this makes the small amount of time worth it.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I just recieved this workout today through netflix and ive already previewed it...OMG,it looks like so much fun. Ive always liked Jillians take no crap attitude:wink: Can't wait to see how many calories I burn tommorrow ! I would have done it today but i lifted weights yesterday and like to give my muscles a rest inbetween lifting days.

I didn't know it was on sale at walmart for 9bucks....holly cow...i will definitely be going out to buy it tommorow.

I will come back on here tommorrow and tell you guys how many calories I burn with my HRM! I weigh 185.4.:smile: