This time is the last time!

Yoyogonzo
Yoyogonzo Posts: 6 Member
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
I am officially starting today to get myself back to what I know I can be. No more excuses. And 53 is NOT too old to get back in shape. I know I can do this and hope I will find support here.

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Nope, 53 is not too old....I'm 54...and Yep, you can do this....and you WILL do this....beginning today.....you've taken the first step...so now just keep stepping.....welcome!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Good for you! 53 is deffinitely not too old to get in shape. My Mom is 53 and just recently lost 50 pounds and goes to the gym everyday and jogs on the treadmill. This site is very helpful, welcome!
  • Welcome and good luck! It's never too late to start living a healthier and fitter life! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like the extra support and motivation!
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Welcome and 53 is not too old...its never too late :) Good luck, Susan
  • Yoyogonzo
    WOW - that was quick response!! Thanks so much. Now THAT is the support I was hoping to find :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    53 is not to old! I have to believe that, because I'm 53 and overweight (under tall). I have trouble doing normal things! It has to change and it will. I'm with you!

As the song says "I'm too young to feel this d*** old":grumble:

Feel to add me as a friend.:happy:
  • Hi...I just started also and I'm 51 so your not too old. Good luck to you..
  • I'm 55, have lost 17 pounds since August 4 and plan to continue until I'm 135!!!!!. Good luck. I really like this site and how easily it can be used.
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Its never too late to find a healthier you!! Welcome and good luck :)
  • Yoyogonzo
    Wow, 17 pounds?? That is awesome! Any advice or tips on what you are doing would be most welcome.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    No, your not too old by any means. I am 64 and been here since January. I've lost what I wanted to lose and I have a great bunch of friends. Wouldn't take nothing for my experience with MFP . Send me a request if you like.....
This discussion has been closed.