working out after whiplash?

Options
I was in a traffic accident the other day. Rear ended 6 days ago, and I have been diagnosed and treated for with classic whiplash. The injury has settled down now, if it doesn't hurt, could I start back working out using the elliptical?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor, it would be ashame to set yourself back a few weeks just for being a little antsy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor, it would be ashame to set yourself back a few weeks just for being a little antsy.

This ...unless you could email us your MRIs and/X rays.

Come on, really?
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

Come on, really?
    jerk head
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Come on, really?

Highly unnecessary. I don't have any experience here, but I'm sure she's not the first person to get into an accident and try to figure out if it's time to get back into the swing of thngs.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just please be careful. I've had whiplash and I know how painful it is and I also know that mine lasted ages. I'm glad you are feeling well enough to be thinking about exercising but if anything hurts while doing it, please stop, OK? Hugs xx
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    My doctors advised me to keep moving (within reason) No lifting and such...If you haven't already maybe just double check...Hope you heal well :-)