Loging exercise

Options
I have a question, I am in cardiac rehab & do 30 min. of rehab on what they call a "cross trainer" it measures how many steps I take a min. I average 70. I don't know how to log that into the exercise. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea how many calories I burn. I am new to this site and would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Replies

• jewel66
    Options
    I have a question, I am in cardiac rehab & do 30 min. of rehab on what they call a "cross trainer" it measures how many steps I take a min. I average 70. I don't know how to log that into the exercise. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea how many calories I burn. I am new to this site and would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Have you let your PT person know? They could help you figure it out.
  • jewel66
    Options
    Thanks, I will talk to them on Wed. next day I have rehab.
  • JMcCarty
    Options
    2000 steps is the going rate for 1 mile. You are doing an average 70 for 30 minutes for 2100 steps. I do a warm-up of 3.5 mph which is 17 min mile. I would guess that you are going about 2.0 mph (+/-) which you can log in by typing walking in the search box. Hope this helps.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a question about logging exercise as well. Does anyone know why when I put in some strength exercises it doesn't list anything for calories burned? I know cardio burns more, but strength training melts fat. It isn't that I want the extra calories to eat, no I just enjoy seeing the numbers. I know I am a dork, but I can't help it, it is very motivational for me :)
  • jewel66
    Options
    Thank you so much. Will do that for today and talk to the rehab people about what they think on Wed.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have a question about logging exercise as well. Does anyone know why when I put in some strength exercises it doesn't list anything for calories burned? I know cardio burns more, but strength training melts fat. It isn't that I want the extra calories to eat, no I just enjoy seeing the numbers. I know I am a dork, but I can't help it, it is very motivational for me :)

If you click the cardio add exercise, strength training is one of the options. You just put in the time spent and it will give you the calories.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • xtina11179
    Options

If you click the cardio add exercise, strength training is one of the options. You just put in the time spent and it will give you the calories.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Thanks so much!!