No success!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sarah, it looks like you're eating alright. You are under your calorie goal. I don't think there's anything wrong wtih carbs, sugar, salt, etc. if you count calories, and don't go overboard. I mean, you should try to eat healthy food, but you can 'tweak' your diet as you go along and progress and become stronger. Persevere and you will lose weight. Personally, I'd avoid 'chips' though as they don't do anything good for you (except maybe satisfy a craving and If you logged the proper calories in, then 'bravo' to you).
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I also took a look at the % breakdowns...your goals for fat and protein intake seem very unrealistic for your general diet. Let MFP do calculations for you, rather than inputting your own goals (unless you've worked out a plan with a dietician).

It seems like you also use A LOT of dressings/condiments like relish, ranch dressing, miracle whip, etc. Calories like that add up very quickly and provide no positive nutional value. Instead of using those on salads, use olive oil and/or balsamic vinaigre-- olive oil is excellent for you!

I think the biggest way to change these issues would be to buy more fresh produce and fresh meat (you can always split up a package of chicken/steak/fish/etc and freeze them individually). You're not eating too much overall, which is a great start! Now you just need to get some more fresh veggies and fruit and lean protein into your diet!

Best of luck!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Try using the MFP system to determine your calories. You might be surprised at how well it works.