New and ready for change

Options
Hello all.
I have been on here just to count calories for a couple of months. I will fill everyone in on myself.

I'm 5'6, 140 lbs, female. I was a prominent athlete in high school: soccer, track, showchoir, etc. I NEVER thought about my weight and ate whatever I wanted to. When I got to college, weight never entered my head until I was gaining like rapid fire! In my first two years of college, I went up to 152 lbs and said, "whoa! that is it! I need to change!" So, I did, and fell back down the ladder to what I am today. I have been in this balancing act between 140lbs and 137lbs. I know that I am at an ideal weight, but I want to lose more. I am muscular and want to look more lean and fit. Not saying I want to be stick thin, I just want to be more confident and more toned.

I have come here to gain the strength and support I need to continue this journey. My 2009 resolution was to get down to 125 lbs before June. Seeing as I am not overweight, it is harder for me to lose weight. I workout everyday and watch what I eat (most of the time). I have now set myself at a strict 1200 calories (as given by MFP) and am working out in different ways such as yoga, interval running/walking, etc.

If you have any advice for me, PLEASE throw your 2 cents in. I am desperately needing some encouragement and know that I have the strength to lose 15 lbs.

Replies

• PrettyNpink526
    Options
    Hello all.
    I have been on here just to count calories for a couple of months. I will fill everyone in on myself.

I'm 5'6, 140 lbs, female. I was a prominent athlete in high school: soccer, track, showchoir, etc. I NEVER thought about my weight and ate whatever I wanted to. When I got to college, weight never entered my head until I was gaining like rapid fire! In my first two years of college, I went up to 152 lbs and said, "whoa! that is it! I need to change!" So, I did, and fell back down the ladder to what I am today. I have been in this balancing act between 140lbs and 137lbs. I know that I am at an ideal weight, but I want to lose more. I am muscular and want to look more lean and fit. Not saying I want to be stick thin, I just want to be more confident and more toned.

I have come here to gain the strength and support I need to continue this journey. My 2009 resolution was to get down to 125 lbs before June. Seeing as I am not overweight, it is harder for me to lose weight. I workout everyday and watch what I eat (most of the time). I have now set myself at a strict 1200 calories (as given by MFP) and am working out in different ways such as yoga, interval running/walking, etc.

If you have any advice for me, PLEASE throw your 2 cents in. I am desperately needing some encouragement and know that I have the strength to lose 15 lbs.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome! You might try Pilates, it's great for giving those long lean muscles you seem to be striving for!

Best of luck with your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • Silkwood012
    Options
    Congrats on wanting to lose weight. I have found that the calorie diet is the best for me. Logging my food in, has helped me keep on top of it. It' a great tool to have. Just don't be afraid to get out there and catch your dreams.....Good Luck.