Low-carb vegetarian recipes

I am looking for new dinner ideas that are both low-carb and vegetarian. I do eat eggs and fish occasionally and am not opposed to meat substitutes, but I want this to be something my meat-eating husband and preschool-age son would also enjoy. I would love a good casserole dish. If any of you have any good recipes, please share!

Replies

• aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    not a casserole but the best cauli cheese I have ever tried
    I have it with veg my dh has it with sausages or chicken and potatoes as well as the veg

DIVINE CAULIFLOWER
    CARBS 7.7G PROTEIN 14.8 Per serving

serves four
    I med cauli in even sized florets
    1/4pt sour cream (I use half fat creme frais)
    8oz grated cheddar (I use half fat cheddar and only about 4 oz with one tablespoon grated parmesan)
    4 spring onions(finely chopped)
    a few drops of tabasco
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas4
    steam or boil cauli until tender drain really well
    mash the cauli - I crush rather than mashing til smooth
    site in the cream half the cheese (not the parmesan) the spring onions and tabasco - season to taste with salt and pepper
    put mixture into a shallow casserole dish top with remainder of cheese and parmesan
    bake 35mins or until golden

I use that as my main protein source and serve it with veg or salad - any left overs I use to stuff portabello mushrooms the next day

this is the nicest caulflower cheese I have ever tried
  • not a casserole but the best cauli cheese I have ever tried
    I have it with veg my dh has it with sausages or chicken and potatoes as well as the veg

DIVINE CAULIFLOWER
    CARBS 7.7G PROTEIN 14.8 Per serving

serves four
    I med cauli in even sized florets
    1/4pt sour cream (I use half fat creme frais)
    8oz grated cheddar (I use half fat cheddar and only about 4 oz with one tablespoon grated parmesan)
    4 spring onions(finely chopped)
    a few drops of tabasco
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas4
    steam or boil cauli until tender drain really well
    mash the cauli - I crush rather than mashing til smooth
    site in the cream half the cheese (not the parmesan) the spring onions and tabasco - season to taste with salt and pepper
    put mixture into a shallow casserole dish top with remainder of cheese and parmesan
    bake 35mins or until golden

I use that as my main protein source and serve it with veg or salad - any left overs I use to stuff portabello mushrooms the next day

this is the nicest caulflower cheese I have ever tried

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try this!
  • Sounds amazing! Thank you!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    I'm not sure how low carb it is but it's awesome and the carbs would be from beans so tons of fiber.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/easy-vegetarian-chili/

My meat loving hubby loves this recipe!!!