Why is it that.....

Options
Some people are so motivating and supportive and some are just not! Maybe it is jealousy, or envy.. but the negativity is just such a downer sometimes so I need to vent.

I just got back from kicking my butt at my work gym. I go down on my lunch break and get in anywhere from 30-45 minutes a day (at least 3 times a week) and the best part, it is FREE!!! Anyways, so I just get back to my desk & my co-worker says "I don't know how you can work-out on your lunch?"... My reply "It is the only way I will get it in so I am willing to work it in and eat at my desk when I get back." Considering I don't do much on my lunch but occasionally balance my checkbook or surf the web. Plus, I have dropped 6lbs in 3 weeks, there is no way in hell I am stopping right now! Anywho, her reply is "Ugh, I would feel so disgusting being sweaty all day, blah!"... :explode:

So.. I simply say I keep plenty of deodorant on hand .... :grumble:

Damn, someone sounds like they are a little bit jealous that they haven't made it to the gym yet this year (she said she only pays $30 a month for her membership but hasn't gone in a long time)... I mean seriously, I am willing to get a bit sweaty and am certainly not so much of a girly girl that I can't come back and sit here the rest of the day feeling completely "disgusting."... I don't smell bad (I make sure of that!), I have a personal fan for myself, she sits quite far away and I am willing to baste in a little bit of sweat a few days at week, at work, in order to get to my goal of looking fabulous and being healthy AND staying MOTIVATED!

Hmfph! Phew... I feel better now... :drinker:

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Some people are so motivating and supportive and some are just not! Maybe it is jealousy, or envy.. but the negativity is just such a downer sometimes so I need to vent.

I just got back from kicking my butt at my work gym. I go down on my lunch break and get in anywhere from 30-45 minutes a day (at least 3 times a week) and the best part, it is FREE!!! Anyways, so I just get back to my desk & my co-worker says "I don't know how you can work-out on your lunch?"... My reply "It is the only way I will get it in so I am willing to work it in and eat at my desk when I get back." Considering I don't do much on my lunch but occasionally balance my checkbook or surf the web. Plus, I have dropped 6lbs in 3 weeks, there is no way in hell I am stopping right now! Anywho, her reply is "Ugh, I would feel so disgusting being sweaty all day, blah!"... :explode:

So.. I simply say I keep plenty of deodorant on hand .... :grumble:

Damn, someone sounds like they are a little bit jealous that they haven't made it to the gym yet this year (she said she only pays $30 a month for her membership but hasn't gone in a long time)... I mean seriously, I am willing to get a bit sweaty and am certainly not so much of a girly girl that I can't come back and sit here the rest of the day feeling completely "disgusting."... I don't smell bad (I make sure of that!), I have a personal fan for myself, she sits quite far away and I am willing to baste in a little bit of sweat a few days at week, at work, in order to get to my goal of looking fabulous and being healthy AND staying MOTIVATED!

Hmfph! Phew... I feel better now... :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Vent and keep going! You are doing what you need to do and people who are not ready to take care of themselves are usually the ones with the BS talk.

You are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Sweat is only smelly when it's old and has no air to dissapate.

It does sure sound like she's jealous, too. Keep up the good work.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    mean people stink. im sorry what she said bothered you

could be too that she is one of those people who doesnt have a filter. i know i'm like that .sometimes i really offend people without meaning too.

maybe shes just dumb?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    You would think that after noticing how much you've lost, they'd be right beside you on that treadmill.
    I'd LOVE a gym at work. I have to settle for walking the parking lot.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :laugh: I'm with you there girl. I work out on my lunch break also, and it's free. Sometimes I get the same responses from my coworkers, but I just don't care. To help me, I put my workout clothes on about an hour before my lunch so I will go and not backout. It's much better to exercise than go to the mall our out to fasfood places. I love it.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hehehehe.. yeah, she is just dumb!... lol.. thanks guys for your support.. it means so much!!

This is also the same person who complains everytime I peel a hard-boiled egg in our office... c'mon, get over it. I was leaving the office to do it in the breakroom.. but now I just sit at my desk and peel away.. it is one thing if you are nice and supportive.. it is another if you are dumb and harsh in stuff you say.. I will just peel away, day after day.. tee hee hee... :devil:
  • TNJJ2
    TNJJ2 Posts: 6
    Options
    U R totally right....it is hard for some people to see success in others lives. But us just keep you chin up and try to blow her comments off. U R doing great! I have a gym next to my work (not free unfortunatley but just 40 per month) that I've tried to go on my days off (only work part time) but lately I havent' been very dedicated. So U have motivated me to try workouts on my lunch hr.
    Keep up the good work!!