I just need plain support and motivation!!!

Today is my first day back on my c25k. My family and I have been sick all week so I have been out of the working out for a week and I hate it. I had a craving for ice cream and pizza yesterday and thought I "Deserved" it so I ate them. I hate myself for doing that. I got on the scale Sat and found out I lost another pound and I think I am scared of success. I think that is why I caved yesterday. I haven't been under 200 lbs in about 4 or 5 years to being under is crazy to me and I guess 200 is like a comfort blanket that will kill me some day. I need to get out of this mind set. With that being said my hubby is going to be my "drill instructor " and help me get through this hump in my life. Being a Marine I think he has experience in the matter. lol I just need plain support.

Replies

• angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Malani - I'm here for you. Don't let one 'bad' idea get you down. You're doing great. Just take one day at a time and if you want ice cream then have some. Just have maybe one scoop or choose Skinny Cow ice cream or even fat free sherbet. If you make good main meal choices and keep moving you'll do fine.

I was sick about two weeks ago and didn't do any sort of exercising for two weeks. When I finally got back into it I had to force myself. It was really hard but then this week I lost 3 lbs. so I guess it all works out the way it's supposed to.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    I feel that same way!!! I was well over 200 lbs when I was preggo with both of my kids (I'm 5'4"). I lost 1/2 of the weight I gained with delivery. Since I delivered in May 2010 til I started this journey in July 2011 I fluctuated between 193 and 197 )closer to 193 but I started the journey at 197). I lost pretty quickly but I just knew in my heart that my plateau would be 185 and damned if it wasn't at 185.6 for a week with a 3 lb weight gain shortly after I started the 30 DS. I also felt very discouraged that I wasn't going to go down any more.

I have always been the chubby one in the family mainly because I'm short and I have a short torso so my weight gains in my stomach. I had a mother who had me on every diet imaginable in hgih school becasue I was fat. I graduated high school a smidge under 5'4" and weighing 117. I can't even spit at that now.

When I plateaued and gained from starting my workout I was ready to give up and just accept that I'm the pudgy one. And I posted here and got tons of support. Yes 200 lbs may be a security blanket for you but 190 will feel real good to get your hands on. And even lower. You CAN do it, you were made to be healthy and you can choose to make healthy choices. So you ate pizza. SO WHAT!!!! So you gave into your cravings.....NOW WHAT?!?! It's not about never making a mistake, it's about the choices you make after that mistake that show your character. You can either say that you are a loser (which you aren't) and will never succeed and make those choices or you can say that you made a mistake, can do better next time, pick yourself up and make different choices. You will give in, you will make bad choices.....but are you going to continue to do that or are you going to make a change?!?! YOU CHOOSE, YOU HAVE THE POWER AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE YOU CAN AND DO WANT THIS!!!! And we can help......just like everyone has helped me!!!!

And I'm exercising in a way I have NEVER done in my life. It hurts, it's not always fun and some days I dread it.....but I'm doing it to prove to myself I can. And the change is evident!!! Don't beat yourself up for a failure.....you will fail sometimes.....but you will succeed so much more than you will fail!!!
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    You are doing such a wonderful job. You have lost 50 pounds! You are a success already. You know what it takes to lose the weight and you have proven that you can get the job done. We all go through periods where we need support and motivation. There is nothing wrong with going thru the low periods. That is why weight loss is a journey....there are lows and highs, sucesses and failures but all we can do is pray and move forward with a new renewed spirit every day. Don't beat your self up for cravings or having daily struggles that is associated with this journey. I think you are awesome and you are doing a fabulous job. Look at your starting weight and your goals that you have set for yourself. You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • You ladies are awesome!!!! That's just what I needed. I was still pretty upset when hubby came home from work that I tried to "clean" my way out of running tonight. What I mean by that is that I tried telling him I was needing to clean the bathroom because I already started on it. He told me I had 10 mins to get it done and then to get changed so we can run. I tried to take my time so I wouldn't get to go. Long story shot, he got me motivated to go. I think it was like pushing a dead horse but I went. Once I got out there into the fresh air and freedom from my house I was back. I did my entire c25k training without complaining and before I knew it we were done. It's motivation like what you ladies give me and what hubby gives me that gets me going. I'm going to request you both. I already have "genthel" as a friend, thanks girl.
  • OMG, I kinda wrestled with the same thing myself -- I totally think I was freaked out to lose the weight sometimes.. because it was like a protective shield or something. It sounds crazy, but YES! When you feel yourself going into self-sabotage mode, you just have to step back, catch your breath, and ask yourself what you're doing. When that feeling used to get me, OR if something stressful would happen -- I would look back on my calendar (i weekly write down my weight number on my calendar) so I could see just how much progress I made through the months.. that AND I would try and focus on something else --read, watch something on t.v., take a walk if you can.. anything to get your mind on something else besides temptation foods.

I know that's all easier said than done, but it's worked for me. AND remember, you can always log on here to MFP for support!
  • You ladies are awesome!!!! That's just what I needed. I was still pretty upset when hubby came home from work that I tried to "clean" my way out of running tonight. What I mean by that is that I tried telling him I was needing to clean the bathroom because I already started on it. He told me I had 10 mins to get it done and then to get changed so we can run. I tried to take my time so I wouldn't get to go. Long story shot, he got me motivated to go. I think it was like pushing a dead horse but I went. Once I got out there into the fresh air and freedom from my house I was back. I did my entire c25k training without complaining and before I knew it we were done. It's motivation like what you ladies give me and what hubby gives me that gets me going. I'm going to request you both. I already have "genthel" as a friend, thanks girl.

I have tried to "NEED" to do other things as well. I have a husband who has lost 140 pounds himself. He did this during the time I was "TOO busy" to do it. Now it's my turn, I have to say he is a help and encouragment. I just wanted to say WAY TO GO!!! My goal it so get below 200 pounds, I have not seen that since I was in middle school. Thank you for reminding me that 1) I can overcome and 2) if I just go do what I KNOW I need to I will feel better.
  • OMG, I kinda wrestled with the same thing myself -- I totally think I was freaked out to lose the weight sometimes.. because it was like a protective shield or something. It sounds crazy, but YES! When you feel yourself going into self-sabotage mode, you just have to step back, catch your breath, and ask yourself what you're doing. When that feeling used to get me, OR if something stressful would happen -- I would look back on my calendar (i weekly write down my weight number on my calendar) so I could see just how much progress I made through the months.. that AND I would try and focus on something else --read, watch something on t.v., take a walk if you can.. anything to get your mind on something else besides temptation foods.

I know that's all easier said than done, but it's worked for me. AND remember, you can always log on here to MFP for support!

I know exactly what you mean. I think temptation food is almost like quitting smoking. I have been quit for almost or right at 60 days. I've lost count of my days. I have a place now where if I need some alone time I can go there.
  • I've heard it said that you need at least 3 months to really get into a routine! So you're almost there! And just like any other vice, I don't think it's something that goes away completely. It becomes a little easier everyday, and you just have to remind yourself what the results were when you were doing those behaviors that were not healthy for you!
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Sounds like you are doing a great job Melani! Keep truckin!!!!
  • Hi there, I'm 5'4". Which is tall for what age I actually am:) but I weigh 10.12stone. I'm VERY heavy boned, but I do have a lot of "chub, chub" around my stomach area.. HELP!? I've been teased in school for it even though there are people bigger.:'(

Thankyou!

Hannah4243! xx