The Body Bug

Options
Anyone got one?? Thoughts on it???

Thanks for the feedback!!

Replies

• Iammelting
    Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ive had mine for almost two years and have never gone a day without it ! Love it . I lost over 50 pounds using it .
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ive had mine for almost two years and have never gone a day without it ! Love it . I lost over 50 pounds using it .

Excellent to know.. I think I get mine Thursday! I'm excited!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have an older version that is called gowearfit by body media. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2Bstrong
    Options
    Where do you get one? Is that the device they use on The Biggest Loser show?
  • runnerjenn0708
    Options
    You can get it online .... and yes .... I believe thats exactly what they use :)
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It measures calorie burn based on movement not heart rate. I have heard some people complain that it's not accurate when doing weights because of the lack of movement. You also have to subscribe to a monthly web site to use the device, plan on spending about $70-100/year on it.

I use a Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor when I exercise. I also want to know what my heart rate is because I push myself to get to 85% or higher of my target heart rate for 20 minutes or more in my workout. This creates a lasting affect on your calorie burn and strengthens your heart. The Body Bug and Body Fit don't tell you your heart rate at all.

I have a friend with a Body Bug and he loves it. Their food database on their website isn't as extensive as MFP so plan on using the Body Bug site and MFP.

For me, I thought about it and for the money, all I wanted was the heart rate monitor to know accurately how many calories I burn during a workout. The rest of the stuff it offers wasn't worth the price tag or the ongoing costs. For me at least.

- Mike
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got mine second hand from ebay, and I also got one for my daughter from ebay.
  • bride2b520
    Options
    it bases calories burned off body temp and perspiration... I used to have one and loved it but couldn't continue it because of the cost of the subscription...
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25lbs with it and loved it.
  • runnerjenn0708
    Options
    It measures calorie burn based on movement not heart rate. I have heard some people complain that it's not accurate when doing weights because of the lack of movement. You also have to subscribe to a monthly web site to use the device, plan on spending about $70-100/year on it.

I use a Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor when I exercise. I also want to know what my heart rate is because I push myself to get to 85% or higher of my target heart rate for 20 minutes or more in my workout. This creates a lasting affect on your calorie burn and strengthens your heart. The Body Bug and Body Fit don't tell you your heart rate at all.

I have a friend with a Body Bug and he loves it. Their food database on their website isn't as extensive as MFP so plan on using the Body Bug site and MFP.

WOW ... this is VERY interesting!!
    For me, I thought about it and for the money, all I wanted was the heart rate monitor to know accurately how many calories I burn during a workout. The rest of the stuff it offers wasn't worth the price tag or the ongoing costs. For me at least.

- Mike
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    I don't think I could wear it on my arm, all day long :(