Eggs??

Options
:smile: Has anyone else seen the database on a few of the egg nutritional values? I just noticed that mine came up with sugar in them. People...eggs are protien and fat, there is no sugar in an egg.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    :smile: Has anyone else seen the database on a few of the egg nutritional values? I just noticed that mine came up with sugar in them. People...eggs are protien and fat, there is no sugar in an egg.

Lol yea, I think the person that put that in the database poured ketchup over his eggs or something.
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Actually, eggs also have about 1/2 to 1 gram of carbohydrate in them.

In nutrition charts, carbohydrates are one of two things: fiber, or sugar. The carbs in eggs are not fiber, so they're classified as sugar.

Granted, it's not added sugar, but it's still considered to be sugar.

Here's a great resource on eggs and their nutritional content.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=60
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I've eaten an egg since joining MFP, but that doesn't suprise me. There is a lot of incorrect stuff in the db. If I really want to be accurate and don't know what it should be I usually consult another nutrition db. It's the most frustrating thing about this site IMO. Even when I know what the nutritional content should be it sometimes takes too long to find a correct entry.