Suggestions to tighten upper/back of arms, PLEASE!

Options
Hey all! Here's the situation...I've lost about 45 lbs so far and I'm feeling pretty good about my progress...except my arms! I've lost inches there and noticed some tone but I've still got the "2nd wave" going on (infact it seems worse since I've lost LOL!) Does anyone have a surefire upper/back of arm workout or any suggestions??

Replies

• jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    No one is willing to share their upper arm workout??
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My upper arm workout will make'm bigger.
  • jwerman
    Options
    My upper arm workout will make'm bigger.
    I see. Thanks for responding. I guess I'm looking more for toning suggestions?
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    Like koosdel, my routine would make them stronger/bigger but in a feminine way still! I weighed 225 after my first pregnancy, 180 after my second (back to back babies now ages 2 and 3) and my arms did the same thing, I really had to work hard after losing all the excess weight to build muscle back up in my arms to get the wiggle out because the "Wave" is actually loose skin, not fat, just empty space, so you either give it time and hope for the best and keep doing whatever your doing or you start filling it in with some sexy tris/bis :D
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    If your cool with that, I can inbox you. :)
  • jwerman
    Options
    If your cool with that, I can inbox you. :)
    Yes please. I'm ok with feminine bigger/stronger. :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Skull crushers, tricep kickbacks, tricep dips, close hand pushups or bench press, tricep entensions.
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    What he said ^ in 3-4 sets, 12-15 reps the first couple sets and by the 4th set you should be getting to failure, pick a weight that is challenging but you can use strict form with no movement aside from the elbow joint, I also highly recommend Cathe Friedrich, gym style workouts if you don't go to a gym, I recommend her a lot because she has a selection for beginners, but also she teaches really strict/proper form and goes for intensity which will get you great results, rather than "Circuit" style DVDs by other trainers that don't spend enough time/reps on certain body parts to actually do more than burn cals. :) I also really push people to try "Supreme 90" and adjust the weights to their liking, in the states it's 19.99 for a 10 disk set, best money I've spent yet on DVDs, honest I only got it for the Tabata workout but I've ended up LOVING 8/10 of the disks and it's 24.99 here in Canada for it, you can buy it in store at Bed Bath and Beyond if you don't do online shopping. I will write out my tricep workout I do at the gym aside from these types of workouts later today.
  • jwerman
    Options
    Thanks guys! Looks like I need to do some research and get crackin'!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i put this on someone elses post but will paste to yours as well:

Bench dips
    put your butt on a bench, legs together, feet out in front of you on the ground, grab the bench just outside yoru thighs.
    slid butt forward and let it dip down, back sliding along bench, and press up
    moving feet further in or farther away will decrease/increase resistance........

easy, and can do it with a chair, anywhere you are.......
  • jwerman
    Options
    Thanks bigbearw, I will have to try this^^ :)
  • jwerman
    Options
    I will write out my tricep workout I do at the gym aside from these types of workouts later today.
    Thanks I appreciate this! :)
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i put this on someone elses post but will paste to yours as well:

Bench dips
    put your butt on a bench, legs together, feet out in front of you on the ground, grab the bench just outside yoru thighs.
    slid butt forward and let it dip down, back sliding along bench, and press up
    moving feet further in or farther away will decrease/increase resistance........

easy, and can do it with a chair, anywhere you are.......

Thanks BigbearW - I will give this a go myself as I suffer from a tuckshop lady arms!