Does anyone own an Elliptical?

Options
2»

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of responses haha. Thank you all so much, I'm going to do my best and find the best one. How do I go about looking for one on Craigslist? I've never been on it before. lol

I would suggest Kijiji by the way. And just be careful if you do use Craigslist. I`ve heard horror stories and I myself have had someone try and scam me on Craigslist.

And just Google Craigslist and you will get there. :) Good luck!!!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I have a ProForm. I got it from Sears several years ago. I am thinking it was around $300. I like and haven't had any problems with it. Right now it needs some WD40 in a bad way.

Sounds about right, although I think ours is a little older and the wife and paid a little more for ours. Mine also needs some WD40 and a handful of D-cell batteries (quit at 40 minutes of my 45 minute workout last night! WTF!)
    Our batteries died a long time ago. We just never replaced them because they don't long at all.
  • egaal
    egaal Posts: 19
    Options
    I own a Precor EFX 546 that we bought used from a place that refurbishes old gym equipment. It still cost $2000, and it was an interesting exercise to get it upstairs (if we ever move, we may gift it to the next owner), but it's been totally worth it. I don't live near a convenient gym so the elliptical and my dumbbells have been my life savers. I can watch my own TV shows and exercise. People often sell them on Craiglist too. I tried a lot of the cheaper models, but nothing compared to the Precor that I fell in love with at the gym.

Precor is a BAD idea!!!! It breaks my heart when I think someone might get a Precor recommendation.
    I have a Precor treadmill that I paid $4,000 for. Now my joints are painful and swollen cause it broke down after only two years and I have waited over two months for it to be fixed. That`s what a $600 warranty bought me.

Maybe you just had a bad experience. Our elliptical (despite being used when we got it) has worked like a charm since about 2006. It does squeek these days but I think it just needs a little WD40. Shrug. I like how sturdy it is compared to models I've tried at stores. It doesn't wobble no matter how fast I go or what resistance settings I use. It feels solid. I guess your mileage may vary. I assume gyms buy them because they're fairly reliable.

It sucks that they didn't do the warranty work quicker for you. Ours didn't come with a warranty because we bought it used.
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a Schwin. I love it because of the small footprint. Got it on clearance with an additional discount. Hooray for new models coming in. LOL I used to have a New Balance but the thing was sooooooooooooooo huge. It took up so much room. Good and sturdy but it should be for what I paid for it!