2 weeks new

Options
I am at my heaviest weight and was challenged at work to join a friendly weight loss challenge in two stages, with two guys. This is where I discovered MFP. I am 2 weeks in, 11lbs down, and at the gym a few days a week. But, I have gained this new awareness of food, my sugar intake is driving me nuts, a large banana at lunch 16g sugar! What?! So this is my new obsession, get my sugar within target!
I am excited about the continued education, sharing, and improved health.
Good luck to everyone else.

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Natural sugars from bananas and other fruits and veggies are not horrible... Although they do need to be moderated, I would not obsess if your over on sugar and it's due to an extra banana, or apple! Just keep your unhealthy sugars in check that come from Pasta, White Starches, junk food etc.
  • riskqueen
    Options
    Wow, 11 pounds in two weeks is awesome! It took me a few months to see the scale move at all but now it's going D-O-W-N. Best of luck to you!
  • weezie0821
    weezie0821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi..my name is Lisa, I am also new to MFP..I have lost 14lbs so far...I am also watching my sugar and can't seem to keep it in check all the time...lol...it's driving me crazy also...as you move along you will be able to tell what kind of sugar you can have...I don't think a couple of grams over will hurt, it hasn't with me yet..

Just wanted to introduce myself and wish you luck!!!