I need a support group or a challenge HELP

Options
I need help. More support. Something. I've reached the point where even this website and the thought of people seeing my bad choices is not enough motivation. I don't hold myself accountable anymore. I lost 29 pounds. Now I've gained 4 of it back. I just need help. I need something. i just don't know what it is. My own mini goals aren't even enough to keep me working hard. I've fallen into this "well as long as I eat my maintenance calories I'll be ok" .... well that would be ok, if I'd already lost the weight! Don't get me wrong 29 lbs is great and I'm proud of myself but I need to (and can) do so much better. I knew this would happen. I start to feel happy and content with the progress so far and I take it easy a few days then the next thing you know I'm gaining weight again slowly. UGH. Any advice? Like, real, tangible advice and support?

Replies

• JoanWill
    Options
    Add me and/or you can join a group that kristinbly started today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/352144-i-ve-always-wanted-to-lead-a-group
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of Christmas Challenges. I joined one with a goal of losing 12 lbs by Dec 25th. We're posting results and pics at the end of each month.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/352360-october-challenge-open-all-month

Here's one that will be open all month! I am right with you. lost 29 then keep gaining and losing 3-4 pounds. Been like this for a month! I totally feel your pain!

Jenn
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost 35 lbs, but I have not lost any weight since june. The scale bounces back and forth between 169 and 176. I have stopped logging on a regular basis, because I know my food choices are not the best.

I had so many excuses...... It was 100+ degrees a record number of days in Texas this summer. I can not workout in those temps I will have a heat stroke. ( Workout inside??.......)

I bought an elliptical to use during the summer heat. (Too heavy for me to move by myself from garage.......)

School has started and I have a heavy course load. (can't spare 30 min?)

Now I have a valid excuse. I have pneumonia. I have severe asthma so this has really kicked my bum hard. The Dr said it may be weeks before my lungs are back to normal. So now even if I wanted to I physically can not do any heavy duty workouts. I can barely make it across the room.

Good luck. Find a group and stick with them, and when I am back on the horse I will do the same.:flowerforyou:
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost 35 lbs, but I have not lost any weight since june. The scale bounces back and forth between 169 and 176. I have stopped logging on a regular basis, because I know my food choices are not the best.

I had so many excuses...... It was 100+ degrees a record number of days in Texas this summer. I can not workout in those temps I will have a heat stroke. ( Workout inside??.......)

I bought an elliptical to use during the summer heat. (Too heavy for me to move by myself from garage.......)

School has started and I have a heavy course load. (can't spare 30 min?)

Now I have a valid excuse. I have pneumonia. I have severe asthma so this has really kicked my bum hard. The Dr said it may be weeks before my lungs are back to normal. So now even if I wanted to I physically can not do any heavy duty workouts. I can barely make it across the room.

Good luck. Find a group and stick with them, and when I am back on the horse I will do the same.:flowerforyou:

Be so careful! My daughter had it a few years back and she STILL has lung issues. She was in the peds ICU for 4 days, and now has asthma.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Definitely join one of the groups if you need that accountability. Remember the choices you make for yourself are the choices you are also making for your family. There are economical foods and exercise is important as well. I wish the best for you, you deserve it.