My name is Amber and I HAD an eating problem :-)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Amber and like it says in the subject line, I HAD an eating problem. Because of MFP I am learning to have healthier eating and exercise habits, YAY! So far I have been on the sight since the beginning of September and have lost 15lbs! I am not going to lie though, my primary care physician did prescribe me an appetite suppressant that has helped, but I am working really hard on my own too. If anyone would like to be friends I am very amiable and charismatic person who loves making friends. So wish me luck as I journey further into the world of healthy people! :bigsmile:

Amber B.

Replies

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    Congrats on your 15 lbs and for choosing MFP. This is a great site and the people are awesome. They even stick by your when you're having issues sticking to your program and goals (I an living proof of that!) Good luck on your journey and I"d love to be friends if you want to!
  • Go Amber as soon as you feel you can handle it though dump the pills just put extra stress on your heart because they raise your blood pressure, in the medical field. So you can do this with all our help without them. Just keep on logging!:smile:
  • Congrats! That is great!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,578 Member
    Awesome! Take it one meal at a time at this point. Just keep logging and review once a week/month to see your progress in choices.
  • Recovering food addict here, 19 years....I eat a sugar, wheat and flour free food plan. Helped me with my eating disorder.

Glad you are here!!!
  • Woul love to b friends w u. We need all the friends we can get. especially when we r all working on the same goal and that is losing weight. We all can motivate each other.:smile:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Outstanding recognition for yourself. One step at a time! You WILL succeed!
  • Hello, Congrats on the weight loss so far! I signed up here a while ago and just never used the site, Im back just had a baby who is now 3 months old, We are in a good routine where I can eat better instead of just grab and go. I want to lose in total 60lbs or so and get to 145lbs, I got really close a year ago and I was 161 (from 197 in 3 months by eating clean and exercising), but then I quit smoking, and gained 20lbs, then I got pregnant and gained another 40 (after delivery) right now I sit at 205.3 (lost 15 in total since delivery from nursing) Im looking to find some weight loss friends that are on here lots, have lots of opinions, and will hold me accountable. If there is anyone like that here please add me!!!
  • Thanks to everyone for being so kind to me, I honestly think that is one of the main factors that helps me lose weight. It's the sense of community that I get from just logging onto MFP. Iwish I had known about this site before now, I've wasted so much time!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Good for you. Keep it up.