How do you get your hubby's help in this?

Options
2»

Replies

• dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Here's what I suggest: he baked cookies for you - yummy cookies? OK, then take one or two (and I mean 1 or max 2), enjoy it and say "wow, delicious, thanks" and stop there. It is HARD, I know, but you make it a point in showing "I'm not on a freaking diet, but I'm not going to put garbage in my system , nor am I going to forbid things. I know the balance".

Also, try to cook healthy, but also tasty. Put spices instead of extra salt, make a fruit salad as an alternative to his cookies, or mix curd with fruit to give a dessert option. My hubby's family also eats fatty and he found my cooking rather bland (never complained, always ate it, but sometimes later joked about me always cooking diet food :D). I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, so try show him that this lifestyle does not mean eating bland food, but rather limiting the treats, which don't bring anything healthy in your system anyway.

"We eat to live and not live to eat", right? (boy, does this sound tough to me :embarassed: )

Hope this helped a bit :blushing:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    After about a month of my (our) new lifestyle my DH walked in all grumpy..."what is for dinner"
    When I told him what we were having he yelled

I WANT MEAT!!!

I couldnt help but LOL!

I bought him a nice steak the next day and ate my salmon.

He told me he just felt left out because I was throwing away the bad stuff and he didnt have a choice. I advised him he certainly does. Just go grocery shopping, bring in all the bags, put them away. Select dinner meat, pull from freezer before leaving for work. Come home chop up the ingredients, cook the foods, put them on the plates. then when done, wash all the dishes and put them away.

He thanked me for the salmon the next night.

:flowerforyou:

Man, are you a tough woman :laugh: ROFL
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    what great advice you're getting.

also tell him that you wanting to lose weight is not just for you but for the wole family, you want to be te best mom you can be to your 2 kids and it requires a lot of energy to keep up with them. you want to be able to play with them and go bike riding and hiking and the more weight you have on the harder that is not to mention what it can do to your health. and you want to be the best wife you can be which i'm sure will be more fun in the bedroom if you're 20 ls lighter :flowerforyou: