New! Overcame medical issues and now ready to roll back int

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi! I'm new to MFP.com but have been active and healthy all my life. Awhile back I suffered from a ruptured anerysm. I have recovered except for the emotional/mental effects. I have PTSD and have not embraced exercise for some time now. I did run a 5k in March and a 5 mile run in May but totally fell off that whole thing this summer.

I have young children and a husband. I was only 33 when the rupture happened and I got really lucky - 40% of people die from what I had and the other 60% who live typically have severe disabilities.

I'm feeling ready to embrace life again, live in the moment and not worry about another rupture or if anything else is going to happen to me or my family.

Glad to be here and glad to see so many other people going down the same road - the road to a happier, healthier person!

C-:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Welcome!!! So happy to hear you are on the road to health. You've been given a second chance at life and it sounds like you want to take advantage of that. Wishing you the best of luck on this new journey! :bigsmile: