oh no

Options
hi tomorrow im going shopping for food andi wanna know what kind of foods should i get that will help me succeed., what spacific foods would hel p me acheive my goals?:explode:

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hi tomorrow im going shopping for food andi wanna know what kind of foods should i get that will help me succeed., what spacific foods would hel p me acheive my goals?:explode:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I think the actual food depends on taste.
    Look for low sodium, especially at the beginning of your diet. You'd be surprised how much water weight you'll lose right away just from lowering salt intake.
    Also look for fresh fruit and veggies that you can grab on the go instead of picking up that bag of chips.

Oh yeah.....and WATER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    thanx alot, ill keep that in mind:bigsmile:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Stick to the perimeter of the grocery store. Most of the stuff you shouldn't be eating is stuck in the middle. Produce, dairy, and meat is usually on the outside. Think whole foods. Have fun!
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Besides fresh fruit & veggies I like canned soup for lunch- broth based..a little higher in sodium (so if you have an issue with BP it may not be a good choice for you). I also like Paul Newmans lighten up dressing basalmic vinarette for my salads. Another staple for me is LUNA bars. For my "treat" I like edy's 1/2 the fat Ice cream bars. For breakfast I like egg beaters ( I usually jazz them up with veggies and spray butter). I hope this helps. Good Luck. Ps - don't shop hungry LOL.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I actually bought a book not long ago called Eating for Life and I forget the author's name. He does a great job of explaining how you should eat and includes a bunch of recipes too. He also shares tips on how to portion your food too as that is more important than just about anything. Good luck to you!!