Planet Fitness greatest thing since sliced bread

Options
I work from 4pm to 12:30 am and I don't go to sleep until about 6am. Having a 24 hour gym is prefect. I will be going to the gym at 1am. The only thing I don't like is the lack of free weights and the no grunting policy. (I like to go hard sometimes) Does anybody enjoy late night workouts or have a similar schedule like me? Tonight will be my first night, wish me luck

Replies

• Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have so much more energy working out at night... I love working out before bed and then showering and then relaxing until I pass out... it just is really nice!

You planet fitness doesn't have free weights? That is odd as mine does... the grunting policy is stupid in my opinion... because people talk a lot as is...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Yep... I work nights, so PF works out great. Plus it's cheap! :wink:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about LifeTime Fitness -- 24 hour and I love it. I often go late at night and zone out with my ipod or watch tv on the Precor AMT machine (my favorite)

PS Thank God for the no grunting rule --- its extremely annoying! I think its just as possible to go hard without sounded like a stuck pig.... you can do it! :p
  • kassied09
    Options
    I love the planet fitness in my town too- I don't mind the weight problems. I love the cardio machines they have and the 30 min/12 min ab rooms are my best friends :D Hope you like it!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I feel the same way about LifeTime Fitness -- 24 hour and I love it. I often go late at night and zone out with my ipod or watch tv on the Precor AMT machine (my favorite)

PS Thank God for the no grunting rule --- its extremely annoying! I think its just as possible to go hard without sounded like a stuck pig.... you can do it! :p
    I know its a little annoying but if your squatting 400lbs and trying to squeeze out that last rep its almost impossible :smooched:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    isn't planet fitness the gym with pizza nights, bagel mornings and doesn't allow deads and squats or any heavy lifting?
  • Multistyles
    Options
    isn't planet fitness the gym with pizza nights, bagel mornings and doesn't allow deads and squats or any heavy lifting?
    unfortunately, I still have my YMCA membership for that
  • cgeiser1
    Options
    I just watched the daily show and they had a feature about the no grunting policy. I thought it was a joke. Guess not!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I have so much more energy working out at night... I love working out before bed and then showering and then relaxing until I pass out... it just is really nice!

You planet fitness doesn't have free weights? That is odd as mine does... the grunting policy is stupid in my opinion... because people talk a lot as is...
    Know they have Smith machines on every thing, I'm a night owl I have most of my energy at night also, it would be perfect if it wasn't so damned strict
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I just watched the daily show and they had a feature about the no grunting policy. I thought it was a joke. Guess not!
    Yeah its absolutely ridiculous, but I need a 24 gym for the week day so I'm just going to have to deal with it:ohwell:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i dig mine..........i work until midnight and head right over...........I have a work gym for the heavy stuff, but when i hit PF i have the whole place to myself........
  • Multistyles
    Options
    i dig mine..........i work until midnight and head right over...........I have a work gym for the heavy stuff, but when i hit PF i have the whole place to myself........
    I feel you I'm going to use the YMCA for squatting and incline benching
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Yep... I work nights, so PF works out great. Plus it's cheap! :wink:
    you just can't beat $10 I would $30 if they had everything
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I love the planet fitness in my town too- I don't mind the weight problems. I love the cardio machines they have and the 30 min/12 min ab rooms are my best friends :D Hope you like it!
    Thanks, I hope can get used to it
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I work from 4pm to 12:30 am and I don't go to sleep until about 6am. Having a 24 hour gym is prefect. I will be going to the gym at 1am. The only thing I don't like is the lack of free weights and the no grunting policy. (I like to go hard sometimes) Does anybody enjoy late night workouts or have a similar schedule like me? Tonight will be my first night, wish me luck

please don't make me comment on 'going hard' and 'grunting'
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

please don't make me comment on 'going hard' and 'grunting'

He will have to go hard and grunt elsewhere...........just like the rest of us planet fitness members...........
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Yep. And they even shorten the bars on leg presses so you can't load more than 4 plates a side.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I have an ANYTIME FITNESS I can go to anywhere in the US if you're a member. It's $24 a month for me.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Is it staffed 24-7? The snap fitness by my place has no overnight staff and if youre there around one or two you are usually alone. No one to complain about grunting then! Maybe itll be the same at your PF?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've always had a 24/7 gym. First we went to Snap Fitness and now we're at a local gym. Snap was great, but I like the fact that our new gym let's me do squats and bench presses without the damned Smith Machine. Doing those without it is a whole different ballgame. I'd NEVER go back to using the machine!

As for PF. A friend of mine is a member and she has the "bring a friend" membership, so we went one night after work. I did not like that place AT ALL. Too noisy, too much going on, WAY too many people, and come on... the rules seemed a wee bit ridiculous to me. Don't like grunting now and again? Workout at home.

Since I work second shift and don't get out of work til 11pm (which is when I want to workout), having a 24 hour gym is a must for us.

We currently pay $27/month at our new gym. We paid $25 at Snap.