Online dating!

Options

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in my hotel thread, no word of a lie

Just got back from a date with a girl I met online.

She left after one drink and showed up dressed as a snake.

I'm so serious right now.

Mind = Blown

Did she have fangs?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Mind = Blown

Wow. That's... fascinatingly creepy.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Did she have fangs?

It was like a leotard...and the upper part was like...a furry hoodie thing, with a long tail..and the hood had a snakehead on it, that came out front, with a head, fangs and tongue.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Mind = Blown

HAHA. I just choked on my drink... I'm gonna need you to elaborate. :D
  • bregalad5
    Options

Did she have fangs?

It was like a leotard...and the upper part was like...a furry hoodie thing, with a long tail..and the hood had a snakehead on it, that came out front, with a head, fangs and tongue.

How long did you talk with her before meeting her? There were no signs at all that she's insane?
  • DannyMussels
    Options

I met this girl across from a bar, in the park..and she wore the outfit I described above. The tail was probably 3 feet long and the head was ...i dunno, it was like a head, on top of the hood of the outfit, and it came out like..the length of a banana, but was as thick as say, your forearm. If that makes any sense.
  • fatreddhead
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on plentyoffish. We talked for a few weeks through email and over the phone, then we had our first date on St Patricks Day. Now I cant imagine not having him around ^_^
  • DannyMussels
    Options

How long did you talk with her before meeting her? There were no signs at all that she's insane?

Couplea weeks. I talk to lots of ppl on there non-stop. I just rarely meet any.

i've met like 4...this year.

This one was...the oddest. So far, but heck, its not even October yet.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on plentyoffish. We talked for a few weeks through email and over the phone, then we had our first date on St Patricks Day. Now I cant imagine not having him around ^_^

That's wonderful! I'm such a sucker for love stories!

I wasn't bashing POF, its just that it has a reputation for primarily being for booty calls.

I met my current boyfriend on OkCupid.
    He is extraordinary. I'm from NC, he's from KY. He found me looking for people here in NC cause he landed a job here. When he cane in for 2 days to secure an apartment, I met him for dinner. He held my hand and gave me ninja butterflies at the of the date. He went back o KY for 30 long days, came back, and the rest is history.

He is the man of my dreams. I didn't think he existed./end sappy crap.

We are the disgustingly cute couple that everyone rolls their eyes at. It's awesome. Haha.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've decided definitively that online dating from dating websites is absolutely not for me. Ever. I hate everything about it. I've had decent dates, and lame ones. But I'm not into the whole expectations that this date will either turn into a relationship or sex, and the interview-style dates where I'm being quizzed by a guy I stopped being interested in 15 minutes into the date.

But I realized I'm the one with the issue. 'Cause I don't care if I ever get a boyfriend. I just like hanging around with guys. I figured I'd get out of the way and let the serious girls have at it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Reading these stories is making me extremely happy!!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I've done it, first relationship was off and on for 2 years..he just couldn't handle the commitment and wasn't mature enough. Second relationship lasted 5 months and i broke up with him for numerous reasons, one being that he continued to flirt and talk about doing sexual acts with other women online...

I signed up again for online dating after we broke up but honestly my heart just isn't in it anymore....maybe again in the future but just not right now.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Did she have fangs?

That is truly spectacular! Your night has just made my day :P
  • bregalad5
    Options

Couplea weeks. I talk to lots of ppl on there non-stop. I just rarely meet any.

i've met like 4...this year.

This one was...the oddest. So far, but heck, its not even October yet.

Yep, you've still got a couple months to beat that one! :laugh:
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I've decided definitively that online dating from dating websites is absolutely not for me. Ever. I hate everything about it. I've had decent dates, and lame ones. But I'm not into the whole expectations that this date will either turn into a relationship or sex, and the interview-style dates where I'm being quizzed by a guy I stopped being interested in 15 minutes into the date.

But I realized I'm the one with the issue. 'Cause I don't care if I ever get a boyfriend. I just like hanging around with guys. I figured I'd get out of the way and let the serious girls have at it.

It is definitely not for everyone! I had actually given up on it myself when I got the message from my now-boyfriend.

For me, my job is isolated and most of my friends are out of state, so online was the best way to meet folks. :)

My parents and grandparents were very wary of my methods as well, but they love Andrew now and have told me to hold into him. haha.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

I met this girl across from a bar, in the park..and she wore the outfit I described above. The tail was probably 3 feet long and the head was ...i dunno, it was like a head, on top of the hood of the outfit, and it came out like..the length of a banana, but was as thick as say, your forearm. If that makes any sense.
    What would possess you NOT to whip out your phone and snap a photo for us!
  • DannyMussels
    Options
    What would possess you NOT to whip out your phone and snap a photo for us!

I tried not to use my cell..she doesn't have one so i figured she'd probably frown upon me bringing it out. When she left, I shoulda...but what can I say, she's slippery!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i joined this site called MFP. you may have heard about it...lots of hotties.

seriously,
    i've never done the online dating...except once. I created a fake profile on POF and busted my boyfriend...it was funny as hell and i still pee myself when telling the story. he's now the ex boyfriend.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

It is definitely not for everyone! I had actually given up on it myself when I got the message from my now-boyfriend.

For me, my job is isolated and most of my friends are out of state, so online was the best way to meet folks. :)

My parents and grandparents were very wary of my methods as well, but they love Andrew now and have told me to hold into him. haha.

That makes sense. I have ended up dating people online but from the days of Myspace and Facebook, even here on MFP. Like I wasn't looking, and neither were they - we just hit it off. The online part isn't what didn't work for me - it was the expectations from the dating site people, I think (or my perceived expectations).
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i joined this site called MFP. you may have heard about it...lots of hotties.

seriously,
    i've never done the online dating...except once. I created a fake profile on POF and busted my boyfriend...it was funny as hell and i still pee myself when telling the story. he's now the ex boyfriend.

Ohhhhh I wanna hear this story!