Excited&Scared for a new beginning

mandersen16
mandersen16 Posts: 261
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have been steadily gaining weight for the last 5 years when I have actually been trying to lose it! How does that happen?! Well actually I know and am trying to change all of that.

I have endometriosis which I like to use as an excuse but it's really not. No more excuses, no more putting it off. My life could be in jeopardy if I don't do something now! I want to have kids in the next couple of years and how can I do that feeling and looking the way I do.

I used to weigh 36 pounds less than I do now 6 years ago when I met my husband. I have this pair of shorts I put out recently so they would give me some inspiration. My husband asked me why I wasted money on buying a small pair of shorts. He didn't remember, I USED TO BE THAT SMALL.

I just want to get back to a healthy weight and not sit on the couch all night feeling sorry for myself that I have allowed myself to gain this much weight.

Reading everyone's stories, I'm so inspired. Thank you for the encouragement!! And by the way, how do you get that scale to show how much weight you have lost when you reply to someone.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Replies

• I have been steadily gaining weight for the last 5 years when I have actually been trying to lose it! How does that happen?! Well actually I know and am trying to change all of that.

I have endometriosis which I like to use as an excuse but it's really not. No more excuses, no more putting it off. My life could be in jeopardy if I don't do something now! I want to have kids in the next couple of years and how can I do that feeling and looking the way I do.

I used to weigh 36 pounds less than I do now 6 years ago when I met my husband. I have this pair of shorts I put out recently so they would give me some inspiration. My husband asked me why I wasted money on buying a small pair of shorts. He didn't remember, I USED TO BE THAT SMALL.

I just want to get back to a healthy weight and not sit on the couch all night feeling sorry for myself that I have allowed myself to gain this much weight.

Reading everyone's stories, I'm so inspired. Thank you for the encouragement!! And by the way, how do you get that scale to show how much weight you have lost when you reply to someone.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    That little thing is called a ticker. Go to tools and click on ticker. You make the one you want and then copy the code. Then you click on settings and go to change forum name. Paste the code in there and that should do it for ya! Good luck!

This site is very helpful when it comes to losing your weight. People are very supportive! Check in and read the posts and join in and also read the newbie posts and you will finds lots of great answers. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss. If I can do it you can. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you and congrats on the weight loss you've experienced already!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Welcome and good luck:flowerforyou: You can do this:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
This discussion has been closed.