Lost my job... now the weight is going to go!

Hello! I am 24 and as my headline goes, I hope to be in a bikini(or at least a nice tankini) by 25. I haven't worn a swimsuit in years. I have my laundry list of reasons why I got fat, but the point is I'm taking control and responsibility for it now doing everything I can for my health and appearance :)

My goal is to be somewhere in the 135-155 lb range which is on the low to medium end for BMI.... but I am satisfied with the mini goals that MFP is promoting. :)

Hope everyone has an enormously successful week! You all deserve it :)

& THank you to all for your responses. I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Hun I'm sorry about your job...

My job is on its way out as well! But you know what? We'll get through this and lose weight in the process!

Good Attitude and I wish you the best success.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Good luck in all of your endeavours!!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Just stay motivated, remember also that a better, healthier person tends to get the job before somebody with the same credentials. :) Set yourself apart from the crowd even further!
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Im in the same boat hun as you are. I resigned partly (partly getting fired), at wal-mart. It is going on 2 months now. A good chunk of what I saw they judged me on my weight over my experience and talent.

I think probably the most hurtful comment I saw was "are you pregnant/" coming from a 6 year old. But given the wild schedules it was almost impossible to work out. Now that I have more time, it has let me rehabilitate two injuries from wal-mart and the weight is starting to peel off.

Just keep a positive mind and hope for the best. Just think of it this way, you will be a lean mean working machine by the time you go back to work :)
  • I agree. I have read about weight discrimination and no one needs to read about it to know it. Its not just your appearance... a person who feels great in their clothes, and thinks they look amazing is not going to take a crappy job. Or the first offer. They expect more and employers can feel that and are attracted to that.

Ive determined that I do not want to work any where anymore that will leave me hating monday when its still sunday. no more!

I want to be a paramedic... and I haven't decided on my 2nd career yet. :)
  • Lost soul,

I hope you find an awesome job in due time when you are better.

To be honest... I am HAPPY I lost my job. Yes I have to be careful because I have a limited income now and no medical insurance. But I no longer Hate mondays. I no longer loathe that I spend 9 hours in a pointless job that does nothing except fill some need they don't really need anyway. I have all the time in the world now for my goals. So while I continue to look for jobs, I put my all into my days now to do the things that matter most to me! Go figure :)
  • Lost soul,

I hope you find an awesome job in due time when you are better.

To be honest... I am HAPPY I lost my job. Yes I have to be careful because I have a limited income now and no medical insurance. But I no longer Hate mondays. I no longer loathe that I spend 9 hours in a pointless job that does nothing except fill some need they don't really need anyway. I have all the time in the world now for my goals. So while I continue to look for jobs, I put my all into my days now to do the things that matter most to me! Go figure :)

I'm in the same boat as you as of today..just lost mine but have a few prospects lined up. Need good vibes for my interview Friday. Still won't have benefits but income hopefully. I'm in the healthcare field so Only slightly stressed with bills/rent but does anyone know if you can get partial unemployment if you work part time?