getting in all your calories

Options
what happens if you don't get all of your calories in for the day? some days i get pretty close (within 100 calories) but some days i can come way short!!! is that a really bad thing? do i need to force myself to eat more?!?! :frown:

Replies

• tmbish82
    Options
    what happens if you don't get all of your calories in for the day? some days i get pretty close (within 100 calories) but some days i can come way short!!! is that a really bad thing? do i need to force myself to eat more?!?! :frown:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have good and bad days, provided you're full and still have calories left over, I wouldn't really worry too much about it, unless of course it's happening frequently, my calorie intake should be 1260, I exercised off 980 yesterday, but in total I only ate 1460, wayyyy below, but I stop eating when i'm full, and I don't push my body to eat more than it wants to, some days i'm right on the mark, I don't worry if the occasional day I fall short, it's no biggie, you're stomach can also be shrinking if you've been losing weight, making you feel fuller sooner....just my two cents! :wink:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    within 100 calories is no big thing- if you were like 300 or 400 under then you'd need to make sure you don't do that a lot bc you can go into starvation mode and stop loosing :noway: but if you do need some help, try adding nuts and/or seeds to your diet. They're packed with nurtients and good for you calories
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    and what did you do to burn so many calories? I'm done after like 45 minutes on the eliptical, and if I push it thats only 600
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i'm a fitness instructor, and now amateur bodybuilder, I do three classes a day two in the a.m and a class in the afternoon, so I burn mucho calories.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! Infact, that was my blog topic for the day! lol...Yesterday I was 600 short and it was ten pm...what am I supposed to do then? But what the ladies have already posted here is that whole darn starvation mode thing. I know for a fact that is true. I've eaten next to nothing on and off again for 4 years and I've done nothing but gain weight. :) Message me any time! I'm so frustrated about this today! ha ha!