Bridesmaid dresses

Options
TrishJimenez
TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
Ok I know this is not a wedding forum. But this thread is for chit chat etc and I know there are a lot of brides on here and maybe even some who area already/recently married. I need help finding dresses for my 4 bridesmaids and 2 junior bridesmaids. It is a long story about why we dont have them 40 days before the wedding. But cost is a major issue. A long with a website that I thought was going to save a lot of money and turns out it is in another country and well came very close to ripping us off. I dont even care if they are all the same color as long as they are in the purple family and coordinate together in some way. Between having a junior bridesmaids ages 8 and 12. two bridesmaids in their late teens wearing sizes 2 and 8 and then two bridesmaids who are in their 30s and wear plus sizes I am at a loss. Should i just tell everyone to go to ross find something in the purple range you feel comfortable in and go from there? I am tired of stressing about this. Any websites or business you had a good experience or just some tips would be so helpfull

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    My Mom found my bridesmaid dress for $30 at the local mall :)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YES!! That's exactly what you should do! My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks and that's what we all did (me and 2 others) We all had different budgets and different tastes (not to mention different body shapes) and after scouring the internet and still not agreeing on a dress, we just chucked the idea of matching and did our own thing only in navy blue. I now have a dress that I'll wear more than once and so do the other gals. I really like the idea of doing different styles and not having to completely match.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    How about David's Bridal's?
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is exactually what I would do. Give a style suggestion and color, such as no strapless or sundress in variation of purple. I think that is so much prettier than all the same. It was on one the Kardashian girls weddings, and they looked great in a dress that each suited them. Good luck.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i would choose ONE color -- and tell them they can choose the style of the dress they prefer but dont allow them to go too crazy with it. The focus is on YOU!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Dillards and Macy's are good options for nice dresses online. I got mine from Dillards.com. Best wishes!!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had 4 bridesmaids and they ranged from size 8 to a 30,I gave them a swatch of fabric and told them to find something in that color.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    With 40 days before the wedding you will probably be charges a lot of money for a rush order (if they can even do it that quickly) at most bridal stores. If you don't care that the dresses are all different the girls could buy their own dresses which would save you tons of time and probably money. I would give them a color swatch in the purple shade that you like so that they can at least try to match it as closely as they can (there are tons and tons of purple dresses, it could turn out badly if they don't have a reference).

If you want all of the dresses to match you might need to get more creative. Maybe take them all shopping together, find a dress you like, and have a local seamstress alter the dresses to fit (much faster than waiting for the bridal store seamstress, who usually has a long waiting list).

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Not sure how formal your wedding is supposed to be or what style, but you could always check out http://www.modcloth.com/. They have some really cute stuff. Best of luck!!!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Ok I know this is not a wedding forum. But this thread is for chit chat etc and I know there are a lot of brides on here and maybe even some who area already/recently married. I need help finding dresses for my 4 bridesmaids and 2 junior bridesmaids. It is a long story about why we dont have them 40 days before the wedding. But cost is a major issue. A long with a website that I thought was going to save a lot of money and turns out it is in another country and well came very close to ripping us off. I dont even care if they are all the same color as long as they are in the purple family and coordinate together in some way. Between having a junior bridesmaids ages 8 and 12. two bridesmaids in their late teens wearing sizes 2 and 8 and then two bridesmaids who are in their 30s and wear plus sizes I am at a loss. Should i just tell everyone to go to ross find something in the purple range you feel comfortable in and go from there? I am tired of stressing about this. Any websites or business you had a good experience or just some tips would be so helpfull

Hope I can help. I was married 7 years ago, but had a Wonderful experience with Chadwicks.com.

Check it out. I had a Periwinkle color for my wedding.. (light purply blue!)

Good luck and I hope it works. The dresses were under 100 bucks each.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I got married 3 years ago and had their dresses made. I got the material on sale, and bought patterns. It worked out cheaper then buying off the rack and the seamstress could easily accomodate for different sizes and shapes. Plus it saved on shopping time.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I was lucky and found a bridal party that had cancelled so they sold the dresses at a much discounted price. They altered them and they were great. emerald green was my color got married in thirty days was perfect. Call around to local bridal shops and see if they have any cancelled dresses. As far as the little ones you can always find something nice at the local stores like Macy's or JCPenney's . My flower girl wore her first holy communion dress which was white and we added the emerald green in a sash and a old fashioned necklace which had an emerald green ribbon and the locket hung from it. It was actually really pretty.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ... this is going to sound funny but I have two bridesmaid dresses in a dark purple called "lapis" from david's bridal. One is a size 16 and one is an 18. The 16 is brand new and the 18 has been worn once.
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding and she just had us go to davidsbridal.com and pick out a dress we like in her color (guava).
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Thank you girls. Checking out those websites and seriously considering the buy your own dress thing and not caring anymore. I would say the wedding is not exactly casual but it isnt formal either. And well my fmil and her granddaughter *the 8 year old junior bridesmaid* wants a HUGE pick up or ruffled princess dress. I would prefer anything but that. But sometimes you just have to let go.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Davids bridal to expensive. I found like 4 dresses there that I love but I am paying for two of the dresses *my daughters* another bridesmaid is a single mom who works two jobs and still well money is super tight. But I cant afford to pay for her dress too. Just to much basically. Otherwise this would be done months ago
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Or I also like the idea of all different style dresses, just in the same color. Is really your preference, it's your day after all!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Do you have any second hand stores in your area that would sell used dresses or gowns. Just need a good dry cleaning but would be hard to stay with one color scheme.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Good luck let us know what you end up with for the wedding. Oh and Congrats!
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Good luck let us know what you end up with for the wedding. Oh and Congrats!

Thank you for the congrats. And I will definatly let you know how this all goes and keep you all updated. Thanks so much for all the help.