Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #10

Options

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Just checking in with all of you. I spent the night in the hospital and am checking out now. I have grad classes pretty much from 1:45 - 6, and then I can finally go home and rest for a bit before getting up at my usual 5:15am tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

Hope all is well... I'll catch up on the posts later :heart:

Hope you're feeling well :frown: Don't like to hear about bad things from great people. Whatever the issues was/is, don't push yourself too hard until you're 100% again (or at least 99% :wink: )

Thanks Jenn.

I had a severe allergic reaction which was bad enough since I'm immuno-compromised so the new meds mixed with my normal regimen left me zombie-like. But now the wound is infected (I currently have a 104 temperature) which is REALLY bad since like I said, I have no immune system whatsoever. So, this week I'm just focusing on keeping up in school and not getting worse... :ohwell: So, no dancing for me this week. I don't have the energy whatsoever. And just walking makes me feel so sick, so I can't even begin to imagine all the bouncing around. :sick: If I still have this fever this bad by tomorrow night my team of doctors told me to head back to the hospital, so I hope that doesn't happen... I really see hospitals too often. :grumble:

Cheers to all of you who did well! I am proud. :flowerforyou:
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Oh the dancing sounds fun! I love to dance, but don't get a chance to do it much.

Need to vent a bit *sorry* :blushing: I'm so frustrated with my weight loss.... or lack there of! In the 10 weeks of this challenge I've only lost 4 pounds... Good grief :explode: :explode: I had lost 44 pounds since the beginning of the year. Mostly with just dieting (Calorie intake 1000-1200). I was constantly losing 1.5 to 2 pounds/week. Beginning August I stopped losing weight. I've upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 and added running 3x a week to my routine (think thats what spurred the 2 of the 4 pounds) I got a Bodybugg and my average calorie burn a day is 2100/day. So mathematically I should be losing weight...... Apparently my body is as bad at math as I am!! I just don't get it. :noway: :noway:
    I'm not giving up, I'm just venting cause I know you all understand what I'm going through

Ok off to dance my cares away :laugh:
  • cohawk11
    Options
    LUVMYJP.... WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?!?!? 11.59% total loss in just NINE WEEKS!!! Now THAT is something amazing! Congratulations, on so many levels! You are just 3 pounds away from your Christmas goal!

For a little while I was having a hard time eatting at all because of all the stressors in my life...i am back to eatting regularly and what works for me is cutting out carbs. OF COURSE you need SOME carbs but after meeting with my trainer I learned that 10%of weightloss of Cardio 40% is diet and 50% is strength training (PLANKS ARE PERFECT) I try to make EVERYTHING i do exercise in someway....I go up and down on tippie toes when doing dishes, I do leg lifts and jackknifes in bed watching tv, I dance EVERYTIME I cook and I set aside 30 min of actually working out EVERYDAY!! I also found foods that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can handle eatting everyday! My diet is simple

Breakfast
    3/4 c Dannon light and fit yogurt with 1 tbs bear naked granola
    Lunch
    1 Smart Delicious smart wrap (whole wheat) filled with ground beef, lettuce, green onion, pepperjack (or low fat chedder) cheese, salsa and fat free sour cream
    Dinner
    Lettuce, celery, cucumber, green onions, cheese and salsa salad, topped with ground beef or ground chicken and I sprinkle taco seasoning on instead on pouring a whole package when its cooked to reduce sodium. For dressing I use fat free catalina...its an AWESOMELY SWEET tasting taco salad!! SOMETIMES I will have broiled asparagus marinited in fresh diced garlic and balsamic vinager and broiled salmon topped with spray butter, garlic and a pinch of adobo seasoning. I also have have 1/4 c low sodium low fat cottage cheese with every dinner.
    Dessert
    Special K crackers (1/2 serving) Frozen strawberries thawed out and mashed mixed with low sodium reduced fat peanutbutter softened I dip the crackers in it....
    Snacks
    Pickles, cheese, celery, pickled eggs (I HATE PLAIN BOILED EGGS)
    Once a week I make a BIG pot of soup with chicken and whatever veggies I have that are starting to turn, salsa, low sodium bullion, kidney beans and seasoning....this i will eat as a snack through out the week too.
    NOTE: NO POTATOES, PASTA, RICE or REG BREAD and hardly ANY processed foods! I LOVE CARBS just like everyone else but I LOVE feeling better about myself more!! ALSO if you look at the back of weight watchers type foods the carbs are INSANELY HIGH!! You look at it and it says 35% daily allowance but you need to remember that on a 2000-2200 cal diet...which we are NOT!!!!!!! I know ill be able to eat those carbs when I get HEALTHIER, just not today!!

LUVMYJP -- you are a ROCKSTAR!!! :drinker: THANKS for sharing your wisdom!!! I am sure I'm not alone when I say that you have no idea how much you have INSPIRED me to raise my game!!! :heart:

Have a great week everyone -- we are all strong women who can do anything we set our minds to do!!! :flowerforyou:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love to dance!!! I haven't had time to dance yet, but definitely will make time for it! I just got back from a good 2 to 2 1/2 hour walk! Now it's bedtime for me! (Past 11 pm in my world, and I wanted to go to bed early!).

Going to zumba tomorrow night! But will make more time for some freestyle dancing! That is the best exercise in the world!

Take care everyone :-)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My dd & I started 30 ds this past Thursday so we just finished Day 6 & we are feeling much better than we did on Day 2!!! I am hearing the soreness starts again when Level 2 begins, but we are planning to brave it out. I had been thinking of starting it this next summer, but my dd's bf went to basic training & she does not want him working out for 8 weeks while she sits around so she asked me for some advice. Now she is drinking water, exercising and eating in the 1500 calorie range & making some healthier food choices. We are excited to see the results of our 30 days.

btw if you do not have the dvd - we ordered ours on Amazon & it came with downloads to your PC & other device so you can get started right away.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Oh the dancing sounds fun! I love to dance, but don't get a chance to do it much.

Need to vent a bit *sorry* :blushing: I'm so frustrated with my weight loss.... or lack there of! In the 10 weeks of this challenge I've only lost 4 pounds... Good grief :explode: :explode: I had lost 44 pounds since the beginning of the year. Mostly with just dieting (Calorie intake 1000-1200). I was constantly losing 1.5 to 2 pounds/week. Beginning August I stopped losing weight. I've upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 and added running 3x a week to my routine (think thats what spurred the 2 of the 4 pounds) I got a Bodybugg and my average calorie burn a day is 2100/day. So mathematically I should be losing weight...... Apparently my body is as bad at math as I am!! I just don't get it. :noway: :noway:
    I'm not giving up, I'm just venting cause I know you all understand what I'm going through

Oh gosh you are right we all know how you feel! Boy I do for sure. I am like you just focusing and when we do the right thing it will come sooner or later! Focus on what you looked like 48# ago! WOW that's a big accomplishment!

Do you run alot??? I am in running class and tomorrow we bump up to 3 min run 1 min walk. I hope I can do it. I am at the point where I feel like quiting. But.... I won't!!! I will finish the class and see if I want to continue running. I am sure if I push through this hard part I will make it....right ???????????

Glad to hear you are dancing!!!! before you know it you will be dropping that weight :)
    Judy
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Jenn- Thank you for another beautiful chart and the motivation. My 16 month old son is going to love this week challenge. He loves to dance. I can't dance but I love pretending that I can so I am going to have fun. Thank you.

nevermorex- hope you feel better soon.

Have a great night. :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Knock, knock.....

Who's there....

WEDNESDAY!!!!! :bigsmile:

Ok, so that's nothing really exciting unless you have an unusual love of the middle of the week :wink: But it IS one day closer to Friday and another day to get moving!!!

Wishing you all a day of health, good choices, and smiles :happy:
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I DID IT! Hit my christmas goal weight...im 179.9lbs this morning!! I cant believe it!
    Thanks to everyone in this group for your motivation, encouragement and making me accountable!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! Hit my christmas goal weight...im 179.9lbs this morning!! I cant believe it!
    Thanks to everyone in this group for your motivation, encouragement and making me accountable!!

WOW that is amazing!!!!!
    YOU ARE A MACHINE!!!!!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    Options

I said it once and I'll say it again and again.... YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!!! A real inspiration!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!! :happy:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    So last Saturday was my company's annual Walk-A-Thon. There is always a photographer there and I make sure he takes a pic of me with my daughter so I can see her transformation. Well I got the pic emailed to me today and then I pulled up last year's pic and it is the SAME EXACT PICTURE with two exceptions... My daughter is visibly older, and I am VISIBLY NOT AS FAT! lol :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

This is my first official Before and After! I got so excited I photoshopped them next to each other, printed them out, and now have it hanging in front of me for a constant motivation. Although I notice a difference, I want to see a BIGGER one next year!!!

Check my sig! I couldn't help it, lol
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    Way to go Jenn, that's such a great comparison picture! You hard work is paying off.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    LUVMYJP - congratulations! Amazing.....

Jenn - you look great! Hope camping was bunches of fun!
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again. Hopefully I finish it this time and see the results that I want.

Nice to see you're pic instead of the little blue person outline :bigsmile: I think you guys should have a mini challenge, sounds fun! How long is the work out??? 30 min???

Good Luck!!! You can do it

To anybody that's interested in the 30 DS w/Ms. Michaels, tomorrow is Day 10 for me. Tomorrow is my last day on Level 1 and Friday, I will start Level 2. Level 1 is about 27 minutes long (including warm up and cool down). I'm not going to lie to you...it's hard. Start on Level 1 and if after 4 days you're not feeling anything, then you're a machine and should go onto Level 2. I really had to push myself and work it. day 1 to 4 I was like, any minute now I'm going to die on my family room floor. Days 5 to 8, I was like, OK, I can do this. Today was day 9 and I was like "BRING IT ON!!!" I still do the 'girl' pushups, but hey, I find that's one of my most difficult moves. Abs I'm good with, pushups are a different story.

I HIGHLY recommend the 30 DS. I think you will go places you had no idea you could, and that is good. I think to succeed, we have to push ourselves harder a little bit each week. Today I did 30 DS and 21 minutes of Zumba. Tomorrow I'll do the same.

So, what are you waiting for everybody? That DVD isn't going to play by itself! Come on! Get off that couch and just do it!! Good luck and let the challenge begin!!! :bigsmile:

P.S. Just remember, if you're feeling the "holy crap I can hardly walk or sit down on the potty" pain like I was days 1 to 4, it WILL go away. I promise. Push through it and don't give up.
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    luvmyjp - I'm so happy for you!! :flowerforyou: You did it! You reached your goal, and that is super inspiring to see. Thank you so much for being a part of our group and sharing. Now, it's time for you to do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian!! :bigsmile: Oh yes, yes it is!!

Jenn - Your picture looks great. Good for you! Isn't it just a wonderful feeling to see that and know how much better you feel! :flowerforyou: YEA!!

I finally broke through my plateau. Today, day 9 of 30 DS, and I finally lost again. I lost 1.8 pounds. I was really happy about that. I added Zumba yesterday to my 30 DS workout. I think that was a key thing for me. My body needed more cardio or something or it just could've been that it finally gave in because I'm working my butt off? Either way, I was really glad. :smile: Hang in there if you're body isn't doing what you want. Give it time, and if that doesn't work, switch it up and see if that helps you. Good luck!! :heart:
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds on Monday. This is my second go at it. I really want to finish it this time. I feel that I have more energy already and it's only been 3 days.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Oh gosh you are right we all know how you feel! Boy I do for sure. I am like you just focusing and when we do the right thing it will come sooner or later! Focus on what you looked like 48# ago! WOW that's a big accomplishment!

Do you run alot??? I am in running class and tomorrow we bump up to 3 min run 1 min walk. I hope I can do it. I am at the point where I feel like quiting. But.... I won't!!! I will finish the class and see if I want to continue running. I am sure if I push through this hard part I will make it....right ???????????

Glad to hear you are dancing!!!! before you know it you will be dropping that weight :)
    Judy

I've been running since mid July. Started off with walking 4 miles, then I upped it to jog/walk and now I run/jog/walk. I have a 4 mile route that I take 3 times a week. Started around an hour & 15 minutes, I can do it now in about 50 -55 minutes. I'm slowly building endurance & speed. I just started adding some weight training on the other days, so hopefully that will help. There is a thinner, healthier me under all this fat..... I know there is :-)
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Congratulations!! I hope to be able to say the same when our challenge is over!