Hello...I am here...

Options
My name is Misty and I have never made a New Year's Resolution until now. My husband wanted me to get "sexy" under garments and I thought, "ok, anything for you baby" until I looked at my thighs and butt in the mirror. Most of my body is muscle so I never would have thought that the "cottage cheese butt and legs" he was talking about could be me. His mom is pretty big and just plain old lazy but that comment still stuck with me. I decided to start losing weight. So far, I haven't lost anything. I walk a lot, I don't eat much, and counting calories just isn't my thing. I like to work out, but I feel stupid when people are around me so I don't work out much since I live in a house with 10 other people. (My gram, grampa, mom, aunt, uncle, my kids, their kids, which total 7...3 are only here on some weekends and a couple nights a week) but that is still a lot of people. So my friend and I decided that we would start working out together. We walk about 2.5 miles a day (which is really good but icy and being in Montana, not so flat) and then we are trying to find workout videos that may help us out. I am a stay at home mom and online student so I don't even fix my hair to do anything anymore. I never have to leave my house. My son is almost 8 and my daughter is going to be 5 on Friday. I just want to have the energy and butt and thighs and abs that make me look 26 instead of 56. So, I am here, and I am doing what I can. Wish me luck.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mystycrage
    Options
    My name is Misty and I have never made a New Year's Resolution until now. My husband wanted me to get "sexy" under garments and I thought, "ok, anything for you baby" until I looked at my thighs and butt in the mirror. Most of my body is muscle so I never would have thought that the "cottage cheese butt and legs" he was talking about could be me. His mom is pretty big and just plain old lazy but that comment still stuck with me. I decided to start losing weight. So far, I haven't lost anything. I walk a lot, I don't eat much, and counting calories just isn't my thing. I like to work out, but I feel stupid when people are around me so I don't work out much since I live in a house with 10 other people. (My gram, grampa, mom, aunt, uncle, my kids, their kids, which total 7...3 are only here on some weekends and a couple nights a week) but that is still a lot of people. So my friend and I decided that we would start working out together. We walk about 2.5 miles a day (which is really good but icy and being in Montana, not so flat) and then we are trying to find workout videos that may help us out. I am a stay at home mom and online student so I don't even fix my hair to do anything anymore. I never have to leave my house. My son is almost 8 and my daughter is going to be 5 on Friday. I just want to have the energy and butt and thighs and abs that make me look 26 instead of 56. So, I am here, and I am doing what I can. Wish me luck.:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    good luck!
    and log your foods! it really helps a lot - i am certain 'counting calories' isnt for most of us. but the food log on MFP makes it easy as can be.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I hope we can help. I know you said counting calories isn't your thing, but if you start counting you will know where you are at and if you need to cut back or add some calories to your diet. Sometimes if you eat too little it actually hurts your weight lose attempts. Walking is okay for exercise, but you aren't going to get a lot of toning from it. You may have to just get over not wanting to exercise in your house, or find some one else's house to exercise in.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • Linamorada
    Options
    OMG. 33lbs lost. Good for you!!
  • mystycrage
    Options
    i have been trying to keep track, and it says i should only eat 1200 calories which is nothing and I dont even hit that on a normal day. i have started working out doing abs and thighs with walking. i am checking my weight and it seems as if i am gaining instead of losing. i dont know what i am doing. i even ordered diet pills from another company and started taking those. i know it has only been about 2 or 3 weeks since i started this but when i check my weight and it keeps getting higher instead of lower, i am really starting to think that i am wasting my time. do people gain more weight when say they are on their period? dumb i know, but really if thats it, then maybe i can keep this up...but if it isnt that, then i feel like i am wasting my time. according to my scales i have gained almost 8 pounds. i havent been going over calories by more than say 100 and it says my calorie deficit is over 900 so its really just 800...any advice??? i wont see my husband for 6 more months and i am hoping in 6 months i can be "sexxier" for him...and so far, i feel like i am failing. i am eating smaller portions, excercizing even though it hurts like hell, maybe a little too much, every single day...so what am i doing wrong???