poached vs. hard boiled egg

Options
hey can someone tell me what is the difference between poached large egg and hard boiled large egg---one has 74 calories and the other 211
??????????? I see a lot of variation in the almond count too!

Replies

• tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hey can someone tell me what is the difference between poached large egg and hard boiled large egg---one has 74 calories and the other 211
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I just typed in "hard boiled egg large" and came up with 70 calories. I know the Poached is 74. Sometimes you have to just go with what you know is right.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I wonder if poached egg is assuming some toast underneath - otherwise, I couldn't imagine.

I have a similar issue with hard boiled and scrambled. If I use PAM on the pan, why would there be a difference.

I would use what makes sense.. jb
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I wonder if poached egg is assuming some toast underneath - otherwise, I couldn't imagine.

I have a similar issue with hard boiled and scrambled. If I use PAM on the pan, why would there be a difference.

I would use what makes sense.. jb

Oops, I assumed the poached was more.. sorry - never mind..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the only time I use a different description is if it's the hard boiled egg and i only eat the white. other than that, I don't tell it how I cooked the egg. I think some "recipes" for scrambled eggs have milk or other things included. just tell it how many eggs, it doesn't need to know how you cooked them.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with lucky
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    It depends on what you are poaching it in. If you are poaching the egg in water, it should be the same as a hard boiled egg. But if you are basting the egg with butter or bacon fat that will of course increase the calorie count.
  • star1940
    Options
    I looked up hard boiled egg and it did say 112 cal. but that was for 1 cup not 1 egg