Low-carb dessert ideas?

Options
I try to eat low(ish) carbs at dinner, but my problem is that I really like dessert. If I weren't trying to keep my carbs low I would have a healthier dessert like fruit or fro yo, but I'm at a loss as to what I can have that will fill my sweet craving after dinner and not be to high in carbs.

Any ideas?

Replies

• alischaid
    alischaid Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No sugar added Klondike bars. Yum!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt -- you can stir in a zillion different things to make it into dessert! This is my favorite snack -- and its good for you. I am not talking about the greek yogurt that has more sugar than protein -- i'm talking the plain stuff with triple the protein to sugar like fage or chobani 0%

Stir in ideas for a 6oz container:
    1-2 tbsp sf or regular pudding mix (dry) -- chocolate, cheesecake, pistachio, vanilla
    sf coffee creamer (flavored) just 1-2 tbsp if you think its too thick
    sf davinci or torani syrups - tons of flavors
    pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, walnuts - my fave!
    chocolate pudding mix + PB2 powdered peanut butter
    walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, oat bran

(it's good if you put it in the freezer for a few minutes too)

When you don't want it sweet --- substitue it plain anywhere you'd use sour cream.
    I also add it to soup, protein shakes, oatmeal, overnight oats and I make dips with it -- by mixing in things like knorr soup mix.

Fage 0% is probably the #1 thing I always have in my fridge.
    6oz: 100 calories, 7g carbs, 18g protein, 65mg sodium
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    SUGAR FREE FAT FREE JELLO PUDDING ....HAS LIKE, 6 CARBS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. The sugar free fat free jello gelatin is 10 calories and like 2 carbs. or something. Sometimes I like to nibble on JUST A FEW Quaker quakes rice snacks and as long as you eat maybe 4 of them for the sweet tooth, you are only getting 8 or nine carbs. I also like those Apple Straws.... a serving is 38 straws and in a serving, it is 16g of carbs so if you 1/4 that or even half that.... well, you know what I mean. I like those Veggie straws too..... 38 straws, 15g of Carbs....1/4 that out as well. I am real slow to eat a lot of things sweet or really do much snacking in general. I like to keep these things handy for those moments when I do have a desire for something sweet. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello. Get cocoa powder to mix with Greek yogurt--sinful & relatively inexpensive. Frozen berries with almond milk. Frozen grapes--not low carb, but slow to eat.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I just tried this one!! Thanks!! I had everything in the house for it (except i subbed pecans for walnuts). I needed it a little sweeter so I added just a pinch of brown sugar. Tastes great!

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. I can't wait to try them!!
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG Miss Mary that sounds like some good stuff!!!!!
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    Take some cashews, put them in a blender, cover them with water. Add a little bit of agave sweetner, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend until creamy. Put over berries and sprinkle with nuts. It's a vegan version of a parfait.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    No sugar added fudgsicles, or ricotta cheese with splenda and cinnamon, or splenda and unsweetened cocoa powder (not for everyone due to texture, but I like it) or 8oz cream cheese, container of sugar free cool whip, and any flavor sugar free jello powder. Mix everything together. Not low cal but sooo tasty! I just have a spoonful and it cures the craving. I also keep the Russell stover sugar free candies on hand.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Strawberries with light whipped cream.
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese muffins aka mini cheesecakes

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese
    1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave or let sit until at room temp to make mixing easier. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth but don't over beat or they may be too airy after cooking. Pour into mini muffin pans lined with muffin papers. Can optionally spray paper with Pam first or just spray the pan and omit the papers. Can also optionally mix nut flour like pecan with butter to make a base to go in paper before adding mix. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 20 min. Can optionally top with low carb jam. About 1 net carb per mini muffin with about 30 mini muffins to a batch.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Roasted Almonds
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Cream cheese muffins aka mini cheesecakes

I've made these and they are awesome!

I just may make some more tonight...
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Stir in ideas for a 6oz container:
    1-2 tbsp sf or regular pudding mix (dry) -- chocolate, cheesecake, pistachio, vanilla
    sf coffee creamer (flavored) just 1-2 tbsp if you think its too thick
    sf davinci or torani syrups - tons of flavors
    chocolate pudding mix + PB2 powdered peanut butter
    walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, oat bran

This sounds soooo good. I've been wondering what I could put in plain greek yogurt to make it taste better.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Berries or melon.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I love the Trader Joe's 70% Dark Chocolate 100 cal bars. They are individually packaged and soooo decadant. 7 carbs and 5 sugars but def worth it!

I also made Jorge Cruise recipe which was 80% dark chocolate melted in the microwave then mix in macadamia nuts and sprinkle with a little salt. Then dropped on wax paper in clusters. A little goes a long way.