Last 10 and losing my mojo

Options
How can it be that I've been so motivated and on-it for the last seven months, lost 60+ pounds, and now that I'm in the last 10-13 pound range.. I can't get myself to kick it in to gear! I'm just kind of losing my momentum.

Anyone else have this? Anyone figure out how to get past it? It's so bizarre but very true, I haven't really lost much in the last two months at all. :(

Replies

• yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been having this trouble since February! I wonder why the last 10 lbs. is so difficult or where the motivation goes???? I wish I had words of wisdom to help us both. You are not alone in this!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing... 60.... Wow............. Go you... Only 10 to go... Hell yeah xx

Brilliant work!! xx I would like to say the same about myself, I only had a few more lbs to go xx
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Same boat but no answer:(
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing... 60.... Wow............. Go you... Only 10 to go... Hell yeah xx

Brilliant work!! xx I would like to say the same about myself, I only had a few more lbs to go xx

Whoops, but only just started, so people like you have such a motivation to people like me xx
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Plateau effect? Switch up your routine some. Try some new fun form of exercising. I know its hard when your not losing anything or as much to get discouraged and quit. Keep it up! 63lbs is alot. It's hard work getting it off but super easy to put it back on.
  • IllusiveThief
    Options
    Wow!! 60lbs. I can't tell you why this happened, but I can tell you to just think of it like a race. You're on the final stretch, kick it into overdrive!!
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Take a break for a few days. You will be fine when you get back again!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Take a break for a few days. You will be fine when you get back again!!

I agree, you lost a ton of weight. In fact, I would say take a good 2-3 weeks off.

Read more here: http://www.leighpeele.com/diet-break-plan

Congratulations!
  • goodwille
    Options
    I agree that a little break can reap more benefits then struggling and stressing over it.
    I think it's like when I am close to finishing a house I've been working on hardcore for weeks or even months. The closer in sight the finish line the easier and more tempting it is to quit early, but that comes from the voice of justification, just ignore that voice and do what you need to to finish up. You Can Do It!
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hhmm wow thats amazing to lose that much kudos to you first of all!!! You gotta know that everyone goes through this it seems. It could be a few things. Sometime we dont eat enough cals and then our body goes into starvation mode and will make the weight loss hindered. Try eating lil more and low carbs in later half of day and change workout routine no matter how bored with all this right now just make yourself so you can try and get some momentum back!!!!! Hope this works for ya! Hang in there keep us posted :blushing:
  • yogamom16
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I lost 30 and I have about 10-12lbs to go. I am trying hard to get back on track but I keep getting sidetracked.
  • MMGoodSF
    Options
    It's rough, isn't it?? Makes little sense to me.

Thanks for all the help, maybe a break is what I need. And a purposeful break, so I don't feel guilty the whole time.