Wanted: Friends!

Options
Hi! I'm a newbie here and it has been my 1st week of dieting. I never really weigh myself. I dunno why. I just want to see the result by the clothes I wear or until I feel like I'm a size 3 or 4. Is that bad? That's what i did before, I weighed myself at the end and I weight 128lbs! The last time I can recall my weight it was like 185 and then I stopped dieting when i reached 128, so it was all abrupt and now I gained it all back!!! So how are you guys coping with the diet and exercise? I would love to know your techniques and what inspires you to lose the excess baggage? :)

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite of you, I can't stop weighing myself it drives me NUTS.. I have made itmy goal to only weigh myself once a week.. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.. GOOD LUCK on your journey !

10547530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jennisky
    Options
    Wow - I'm amazed at the amount you managed to loose before! So you know that you can do it again. I seem to need to see the scales to give me evidence that I'm doing ok, although this can be discouraging if they don't move for a while. I found my fitness pal a few weeks ago now, and have been really enjoying using it.

If you enjoy, or even if you don't enjoy it, Swimming seems to be a top exercise for burning excess calories!
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well done for loosing all that wieght before, u did ace i know u can do it again. I have to weigh myself every week to keep myself motivated lol if i see a loss it gives me a boost to carry on :)

The only tip i would give you is stick to MFP it will help u so much and everyone is so supportive..

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck with your wieght loss journey x
  • mochadamia
    Options
    Thank you friends for replying! Although it is a little bit different now because as I have mentioned I have a son and I've read in some other forums that when you have preggy fats, it will take time to go away or to lose it. BUT I am not losing hope! I have to be focused on my goal. What I do is I skip the junkies, instead of eating like chips or going to fast food restaurants, I just eat fruits! Like today, I had to help my mom get some groceries and she wanted to eat a burger from Mcdonald's and I was like you are driving me nuts, you know I am not a diet and she still went on LOL! So I just grabbed an apple, washed it, ate it inside LOL and drank some water! Applauded myself for the self-control!

Anyway, the reason why i do not weigh is because i do not want to get discourage when it doesn't drop but I am exerting an enormous amount of my effort. Y'know.

I will stick to MFP! I love it! I usually check my facebook first then go on to something else but for the past 3 days I got hooked on MFP!!! I love it!

@Jenni, I wish I can still swim but it is the beginning of the fall season and it is just freezing outside! Maybe over the summer and plus when my body is fit enough to wear a nice swimsuit!

Thank you all again!