Anyone on Level 2 Shred?

Hello everyone!

Is anyone on level 2 of the shred out there? Just done day 2 and am finding it very tough, particulary since i put on a pound last week!!!

Any advice, encourgement greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Most people put on weight in the first week. Level 2 is hard, I find some of the stuff pretty easy but the walk in press ups are impossible for me. I can do the walk in but forget about the press up. By the end of level 2 I am sweating and often have to rest. It does get easier though but some of the exercises I will never be able to do properly.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    I love those walk in press ups! yes, level two is at times harder than level 3 for me. But the more you do it the better you get at it so keep going :)
  • I started level 2 on day 9 thinking I would be able to take it. I am sticking with it but I keep putting my weights down :-(
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Me!

I'm actually finding it easier than level 1, probably because there's less high-impact stuff, but I suppose different exercise suit different people better :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Today is day 5 of level 2 for me and I am finding it tougher than level 1 for sure. I am much sweatier by the end anyway!

I don't think I'm doing the walk-in push ups right to be honest, because I find them easy.

The bit that absolutely KILLS me is the strength to cardio transition in circuit 3. I've just finished those squats where you bring your arms up and in, and my shoulders are aching like *crazy*, and I'm thinking "fantastic - cardio - I can do some high knees or jump rope and give my arms a rest" But no. It's plank jacks. ARGH! Hate it!

Also, I can't do double jump rope.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Today is day 5 of level 2 for me and I am finding it tougher than level 1 for sure. I am much sweatier by the end anyway!

I don't think I'm doing the walk-in push ups right to be honest, because I find them easy.

The bit that absolutely KILLS me is the strength to cardio transition in circuit 3. I've just finished those squats where you bring your arms up and in, and my shoulders are aching like *crazy*, and I'm thinking "fantastic - cardio - I can do some high knees or jump rope and give my arms a rest" But no. It's plank jacks. ARGH! Hate it!

I do the easier version of the plank jacks... My butt just wobbles too much at the moment... It throws me off balance.

Double jump rope... I cant do them either I just jump twice as fast.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    I'd forgotten the double jump rope, yikes! I do single, single, single, double, which is just about do-able!
  • Teliooo

I find the plank jacks part pretty easy, press ups have never been my friend.
  • Teliooo

I find the plank jacks part pretty easy, press ups have never been my friend.
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    I'm starting level two tonight... can't believe I actually stuck to level one for ten days!! I put on a pound last week though which I was pretty upset about as I cycle into work too... but I feel better now as it seems to be a 'thing'!!
  • I moved onto Level 2 yesterday after 9 days of Level One as I felt I was ready to step it up a gear.
    OMG I was sweating like crazy and my muscles were burning again like after the first few days of Level 1.
    The chair squat and raises almost kill my arms but I LOVE it, the burn is pretty addictive for me so will see how I go before Level 3.
    I actually got to the end of Level 2 last night and almost had a sneaky look at L3 but then sense kicked it LOL
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    I'm starting level two tonight... can't believe I actually stuck to level one for ten days!! I put on a pound last week though which I was pretty upset about as I cycle into work too... but I feel better now as it seems to be a 'thing'!!

Yeah dude, it happens to a lot of people during the shred. There are loads of threads around about 30DS and nearly everyone says exactly the same thing about the first weekish. There is no way that doing this kind of cardio combined with stregth training isn't going to make you lose weight at some point.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member

Yeah dude, it happens to a lot of people during the shred. There are loads of threads around about 30DS and nearly everyone says exactly the same thing about the first weekish. There is no way that doing this kind of cardio combined with stregth training isn't going to make you lose weight at some point.

Yup - happened to me too. It'll come off!