Ready to do this the healthy way

johnsona215
johnsona215 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I'm Anna..I'm relatively new to this site, and I'm still searching for friends...

I'm 18 years old, just about to finish high school and head off to college..
and it is very important for me to become healthy and dependent on myself to keep my mind and body strong.

I have had several eating disorders, and I have momentarily overcome them...I need friends that I can talk to, to see how other people healthily lose weight...instead of starving to death.

I have several health problems..
arthritis in my spine (from ED)
several allergies....milk, bread
early skin cancer signs
intestinal problems

BUT, I am not here to focus on those, I'm here to change and become a better person.

I could really use the support of others!!

anna :)

Replies

• Hello everyone, I'm Anna..I'm relatively new to this site, and I'm still searching for friends...

I'm 18 years old, just about to finish high school and head off to college..
    and it is very important for me to become healthy and dependent on myself to keep my mind and body strong.

I have had several eating disorders, and I have momentarily overcome them...I need friends that I can talk to, to see how other people healthily lose weight...instead of starving to death.

I have several health problems..
    arthritis in my spine (from ED)
    several allergies....milk, bread
    early skin cancer signs
    intestinal problems

BUT, I am not here to focus on those, I'm here to change and become a better person.

I could really use the support of others!!

anna :)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the boards, Anna! I hope this site helps you with your journey! Good luck to you! There are some other folks on here who have also overcome EDs so you aren't alone in that! :flowerforyou:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Welcome Anna!

I've kinda been down the same path as you.
    I went the starvation route, laxative abuse, diet pill oveload in my mid 20's.
    Mine was not as severe as yours, but I can sympathize with your ED demons.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi Anna,

I just wanted to say I totally understand. I have fought with ED for too long, and have also decided it is time to get healthy the right way. You can do this!! It is a huge step to take, but one that you will never regret. Are you/have you been in therapy? Therapy can be a useful tool....and it gives extra support. Good Luck, and if you ever need to chat know that I am here. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.