Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cupcakes

Listen up, people!

No matter how good that cupcake looks, whether it's got pink icing with flowers or green icing and those little metal balls on them, THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME!

Fatty and sugary and after you get halfway through that pretty little cupcake, it ain't so pretty anymore and if you're eaten it slowly enough to see it, that's when the regret sets in and you wish you didn't put that junk in your guts.

Look at the cupcake, but NO TOUCHING! It's just not worth it.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I've never understood the craze about cupcakes. Ok, they're pretty but you're right, they don't even taste that good and the frosting is often disgustingly sweet. One major exception, though... The vegan cupcakes from "Vegan cupcakes take over the world". But I usually make them without the suggested frosting.
  • LOL So true!In my case i dont even reason until ive had the whole thing!
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    I'll never look at cupcakes the same! lol! Next time I'm tempted, I'm gonna think about what you said!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    I needed this.
  • Nope, sorry I disagree. I LOVE cupcakes! I don't abstain from anything, it's all about moderation :)
  • LOVE CUPCAKES!!! I know they are not "healthy" but I have been recreating recipes to get them around 150 calories with frosting! I have some every week.. almost every day!
  • hornseagirl
    hornseagirl Posts: 32 Member
    I f you could see and taste the cup cakes my daughter makes as a hobby you would let them slowly melt in you mouth and savout every minute of eating them........ as for the designs she does they are out of this world!

shop bought ones are just not right somehow! ha ha
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    I wouldn't be able to control myself if I was making cupcakes! I'd be eating them in "moderation" a few times a day!!! My only saver now is that those store bought pretty cupcakes are hard to find calories for ;D I don't want to risk not knowing how many calories they are!
  • I also make terrific cupcakes, but I will admit to going way overboard if they are in the house, so I only make them for my childrens' birthdays! :) Fortunately, my youngest just had her birthday, so no more cupcakes til June now!
  • Funny how the topic "cupcakes", got the most views...lol!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    I love cupcakes. I often make the ones from the hummingbird bakery cookbook (which have loads of icing) - entered the recipe into MFP and most are 300cals-ish. I definitely find it more satisfying than a chocolate bar with the same calories (for example).
  • The pumpkin spice ones I made this last time were only 91 calories unfrosted, and with light whipped topping instead of frosting another 20. Very good for a splurge day, or on days when I've behaved myself very well and want a special reward!
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    LOVE CUPCAKES!!! I know they are not "healthy" but I have been recreating recipes to get them around 150 calories with frosting! I have some every week.. almost every day!

hey any chance you can post the recipe please??? I love cupcakes:-)
  • I LOVE cupcakes!! I have 2 daughters with birthdays this month so I have had way too many lately. lol
  • I wouldn't be able to control myself if I was making cupcakes! I'd be eating them in "moderation" a few times a day!!! My only saver now is that those store bought pretty cupcakes are hard to find calories for ;D I don't want to risk not knowing how many calories they are!

Just have them at weekends :) sometimes you can buy them in packs of 2 so if you end up eating both then an hour at the gym will burn it off :). Most are around 300-400 cals. Home made ones with betty Crocker icing on are lush but then they make so many it's hard to resist!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Listen up, people!

No matter how good that cupcake looks, whether it's got pink icing with flowers or green icing and those little metal balls on them, THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME!

Listen up! They don't!

Fatty and sugary and after you get halfway through that pretty little cupcake, it ain't so pretty anymore and if you're eaten it slowly enough to see it, that's when the regret sets in and you wish you didn't put that junk in your guts.

No, no regrets, and it tastes gorgeous, calories accounted for, glad i ate it thanks!

It's just not worth it.

Bloody well is! :P

Moderation people!