Blender Problems

Options
Why is it that no matter what, the blades of my blender starts to bind after a while? I clean it after every single use. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to by new blades every 6 weeks? WTF?

Replies

• CoachNYLA
    Options
    Maybe just add a little more liquid to loosen it up? I found out that it is worth saving up for a higher quality blender, how long have you had your blender? Could be the blades.....I know it must be frustrating....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe you bought a bad blender?

I've had my $15 blender for five years with no problems.
  • heatheramara
    Options
    I have the same problem with my blenders! I did some googling around a couple months back and it seems like we are not alone in this problem. I think eventually I might like a vitamix, but I just don't use it enough to justify that kind of expense right now.

Good luck!

By the way, where do you buy your new blades?
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Its an Oster... I bought it 6 weeks ago for 50 bucks at BB&B because I was tired of my Black and Decker blender blades binding up on me, now I am in the same boat. I only use it for making my Protein shakes... Totally pissed :(
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Huge Vitamix fan here. It gets used almost daily and it powers through everything.

Sorry to hear your new blender is having a rough time.
  • stresco
    Options
    How much are these Vitamix blenders? Where can I find them? What model should I look for?
  • 7destiny
    Options
    I wonder if it is too late to return the blender to BBB? They also carry Ninja blenders, which might be a better option for you. I spent under fifty dollars for mine and have had it two years. The blades are so effective, they make ice into snow. And blend hard vegetables like carrots into a drinkable liquid. And my favorite...turns frozen bananas into "ice cream."
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Maybe just add a little more liquid to loosen it up? I found out that it is worth saving up for a higher quality blender, how long have you had your blender? Could be the blades.....I know it must be frustrating....

Agreed, a lot of times, it needs more liquid
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We have a Vitamixer also. We use it multiple times a day. Nothing can beat it for power. It will purify anything.
  • stresco
    Options
    Its the blade that's binding on me again. I tried cleaning it and lubed it with some PAM. It freed up for a little while, but after letting it sit in my dish drainer for a day, its binding again.

Did I just see 400.00 for a Vitamix blender? Holey ****! :noway: I cant justify that kind of expense. There has to be a happy medium.