how do you make yourself feel attractive?

Options
2»

Replies

• beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I shall be checking back here, despite currently being in the normal BMI range (21.3) I still rarely feel attractive
  • Legalchica
    Options
    When my Girls (who are 7, 5 and 5) tell me I'm beautiful :) Nothing like it!!
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    Watch food network , like the sweet shows . Watching them eat it makes me feel better and just counting there calories in my head , WOAH ( expecially paula deen ):tongue:
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wearing a good pair of heels. I love my legs and they make them look a-mazing (at least to me!:smooched: ) Also, a good pair of jeans does wonders. And when I really need to achieve something - mascara. It's amazing what that little bottle can accomplish :wink:
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Either when I am very happy with my outfit choice for the day or when I get compliments from..well anyone! Ha. As bad as that may sound, if I know that someone else thinks I look good that gives me enough confidence to look past my flaws and see my good attributes.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I walk through the house in my undies and my husband's reaction is enough to make me feel attractive. Since he sees this every morning when I'm getting dressed you'd think he be oblivious to it by now, but he never fails to have the appropriate response.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I still dont really know the answer to this question, but sometimes I feel attractive when I buy a new outfit that looks good on me. Then again, I have a nasty habit of buying clothes that are too big or hide me.
  • jackshortstack
    jackshortstack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put on a shirt that makes my skin and cheeks glow (I'm blonde & fair, so the color is peach) and a pair of dark trouser jeans. Knowing people are looking at my fresh, beautiful face and smile instead of my body (on days I'm feeling bloated) makes SUCH a difference!

Buy yourself a couple tops in this signature color and reach for them on these 'down days'. You'll feel like a million bucks in 30 seconds!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I give myself a makeover...

I wash my face then mask. Husband calls it my kabooki mask b/c it's white. Then I shower to rinse it off and use yummy smelling body wash and shave my legs. Then I use emollient cream on my feet, and exfoliant on my hands, regular lotion on the rest of my body, that matches the yummy smelling body wash. I blow dry my hair, play with makeup, pick out a cute outfit...and voila. I may have nowhere to go, but I look fabulous and feel 1000% better. I'm such a girl.....
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hang out with uglier people.

HAHA yes...this!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I give myself a makeover...

I wash my face then mask. Husband calls it my kabooki mask b/c it's white. Then I shower to rinse it off and use yummy smelling body wash and shave my legs. Then I use emollient cream on my feet, and exfoliant on my hands, regular lotion on the rest of my body, that matches the yummy smelling body wash. I blow dry my hair, play with makeup, pick out a cute outfit...and voila. I may have nowhere to go, but I look fabulous and feel 1000% better. I'm such a girl.....

Please...got to be an ending to this....just PM it to me! I need to know!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You GET OVER IT!! lol You realize you are working hard to build a better body and self confidence :) Everyone is going to have a bad day.. Just take it one day at a time :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    flirt and enjoy the reaction.

sexy shoes.

dress up in something that i know compliments my figure.

basically do the OPPOSITE of how i'm feeling and my feelings will begin to match my actions. :)
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    flirt and enjoy the reaction.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this and feels good about it. Ha! :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    makeup, tanning, hair, nails....................... and CUTE shoes.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Definitely with everyone who mentioned workouts. My attitude and even the way I walk changes after a good workout.

A nice pampering shower with a deep conditioning treatment for my hair and nice-smelling lotion afterward.

Fantastic music that makes me want to dance.

A cute shirt in a color that's flattering (for me that's usually teal, green, or blue).

Give myself a thorough pedicure with a cute new nail polish.