what can i do with my hardboiled egg yolks?

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
i enjoy hard boiled egg whites. :smile:
do you have ideas of things i can do with the yolks? :huh:
i hate throwing them away.:tongue:

thank you :heart:

Replies

• oregonlady
    Options
    i enjoy hard boiled egg whites. :smile:
    do you have ideas of things i can do with the yolks? :huh:
    i hate throwing them away.:tongue:

thank you :heart:
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    well the yolks is actually the part of the egg that has the most nutrients. if you don't like the taste of just the cooked yolk with some salt then you could try making them into a very low fat deviled egg mix (type thing). if you use low fat/light mayo (not even a teaspoon) and some mustard (which runs from 10 - 25 calories) you can get a delicious filling for those hardboiled egg whites.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I agree with last message, yolks where the vitiamins are...EAT THEM!!!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I make 2 hard boiled eggs. Eat one just white (and give the dog the yolk, and she knows she getting it too, always by my side when she hears me crack the egg!) and eat the other one (kind of only eat 1/2 the yolk on that one)
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i read that an entire hard boiled egg has 70 cal and 6g protien

whites are 17 cal and 4g protien.

i do like the yolk flavor, but i did not think they were "worth it"
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, Oregon, I don't eat them either. 50+ calories and 250 mg of cholesterol, I say NONONO. My dogs get them as well. They LOVE them, and I do not, so I get my nutrients elsewhere, and save my 50 cals for something I do like to eat :)
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hi there, why not try an egg yolk salad, ( chop hard boiled yolk into a mixed salad) add a small amount of olive oil and balsalmic vinegar, use chopped up on top of a fish pie, try separating the white from the yolk, poach the white and then you can make an omelette adding a little water with the yolk, chop up with light mayonnaise on rice cakes, yummy. Google "egg yolk recipes". Good luck.

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:"
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    If you buy "Free range eggs" with a cockerel running with the hens there should be minimal cholestrol in the egg.
    If the eggs are too high in cholestrol do you think you should be giving them to your dogs?, they can also have too much cholestrol.

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:"
  • oregonlady
    Options
    thank you for the tips and ideas.

:heart: