ahhhh

Options
how can i go from good to bad so quickly that i just want to eat and eat junk food when it wont solve my issues right now which is just a little frustration. I was so proud of my self friday and saturday I turned down cup cake and rice krispy treats. Yesterday was not bad till hubby cooked dinner and i can never count what he cooks. ( a little frustrating) But i delt with it. Well today i messed up with coffee. That is another thing i wanted to cut out my sugar or cut it down, but damn, water aint cutting it especially when i am cold and want a hot drink. I have tried all the sweetners, including stevia. I just cant get past the after taste of all of them, so i can not even drink diet soda. I am so an emotional eater, mainly when i am frustrted! lIKE RIGHT NOW. Oh wait the stupid corn bread is wht really did me in,lol not even sure of the calories on that and she didnt make it how i said! ugh! I want to dump it so i wont eat it again. But cant. I think we need left overs for dinner before i make more stuff. ok time to go get inspired and watch Oprah on her weight issues lol.

Replies

• Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    how can i go from good to bad so quickly that i just want to eat and eat junk food when it wont solve my issues right now which is just a little frustration. I was so proud of my self friday and saturday I turned down cup cake and rice krispy treats. Yesterday was not bad till hubby cooked dinner and i can never count what he cooks. ( a little frustrating) But i delt with it. Well today i messed up with coffee. That is another thing i wanted to cut out my sugar or cut it down, but damn, water aint cutting it especially when i am cold and want a hot drink. I have tried all the sweetners, including stevia. I just cant get past the after taste of all of them, so i can not even drink diet soda. I am so an emotional eater, mainly when i am frustrted! lIKE RIGHT NOW. Oh wait the stupid corn bread is wht really did me in,lol not even sure of the calories on that and she didnt make it how i said! ugh! I want to dump it so i wont eat it again. But cant. I think we need left overs for dinner before i make more stuff. ok time to go get inspired and watch Oprah on her weight issues lol.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Listen it's just one day. Tomorrow is a new day. This is a life long journey and you will probably have days like this down the road, cause it's life. So take this as a learning experience and stop beating yourself up (and others) and just take one day at a time and relax:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Myth
    Options
    thank you. I just hate that my reaction to stress or frustration is to eat and eat crap! lol just needed to vent! any one have something they do when they feel that way, just stressed and frustrated and want to eat???
  • mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my personal favorite is to sleeeeep... LOL but I suppose exercising is "supposed" to help, right? :indifferent:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How about distracting yourself? Like going for a walk or doing some type of exercise. If that doesn't work drink some water and wait 15 min. if the urge doesn't go away go brush your teeth. If that doesn't work snack on something healthy like half an apple or celery or something. If all else fails then let yourself have what you were craving but portion it out to a small serving of it. Then tell yourself that's it! You had a taste of it and then move on. Hope this helped and good luck:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Myth
    Options
    Sleep would be great, but ya exercise would be better, but i did that already,lol. Adrienne, I think I will try the water thingy next time and try to chill for 15 and see if it goes away! Thanks peoples! :)
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. This weekend I told myself everytime I reached for food I was going to ask myself why I wanted to eat. To my surprise I realized it happens mostly when I'm mad. The thing is, I think I do it out of rebellion, I know I shouldn't so that makes me want to do it out of spite. Kind of like the "I'll show you" attitude, but I"m not showing anyone, Just sabotaging myself.

As far as the sugar thing goes, do it gradually. I used to HATE diet pop, now I prefer it. But it took time. Also, I love a good latte. I started getting the sugar free flavor syrups and I would tell them to put one less pump or shot than normal, then the after taste didn't seem so bad. Now I get them w/ FF milk and I add a pack of splenda and some cinnamon.

I agree with working out to relieve stress. Yesterday I was really frustrated w/ my husband and wanted to eat these PB & chocolate cookies that were in the pantry. Instead I got on the treadmill. It really worked, now I just need to find a way to deal when I can't work out at that moment.
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Options
    :smile: I use half and half and real sugar in my coffee! I just count it as one of my snacks and then I don't feel bad about it! Ask your husband what ingredients he used...all of them...then add them up before you sit down and determine how what portion you can have. You are trying to change too many things at once girl! Slow down and just adjust one thing at a time.
  • Myth
    Options
    Ladies Thank you for your responses! :flowerforyou: It is nice that there are others out there the same as me. :) I will definatley heed all advice and maybe take it a little slower! I think it is hard to cause I have been here before and I want to dive in head first but ya I will crash and burn If I am not careful! Thank you ladies!
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :mad: i too have gone from good to bad im so pissed at myself......I had lost 6pounds and this morning i weighed myself and ther it was 3 back on ...........last night i binged.all i can say is lets try to get back on track today......:sad:
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :grumble: There are going to be days that we just screw up on our eating. We are trying to live healthier and not so much "diet". Emotional eating quite frankly is a way of life for some of us. Me- big time.I am trying to reprogram the old brain and when I know I am reaching for food because my emotions are out of control -I really focus on the underlying issue and self talk. I will no longer allow food to be the answer. Over the past year and many tramatic events I have realized that I am in comtrol of just me and my actions. Eating from strss or other emotions is me giving my control of myself to other people and my surroundings. I call a close friend and talk about what is bothering me, all the time drinking some hot sweet( no cal sweetner) tea. I also chew very strong tasting gum and keep moving so I can't eat. It works 95% of the time. If I can clue in to why I am eating instead of just binging cause I fel like it, I can take control of the eating. I don't know if this helps but we emotional eaters need to find coping skills that will allow us to control the issues not the other way around.
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Myth, have you tried yoga? I was amazed at how relaxed I felt after just the first 5 minutes of a beginners DVD. All the tension and muscle pain related to it just went away and took all the anger and frustration with it. After about 15 minutes, I was able to deal with the issues that had me so worked up with a clear head. That's my number one "go-to" now.

4579.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • apdoxies
    Options
    When my hubby cooks or we have something for dinner that I know I shouldn't have much of, I make myself eat a big salad w/ lots of veggies in it before I allow myself to eat the "main" dinner. That way I can have what everyone else is having, but I'm already on my way to full & I don't eat as much of the "bad" stuff. I also coach myself all day towards a reward snack of an evening (that's when I crave junk). I tell myself if I walk/stand more during the day (I'm a teacher's aide) and if I eat healthy all day, I can have "____". I make sure I have 100 calorie Little Debbies just for those reasons. So far, it's working.
    As far as eating because of emotions...yeah...I have trouble w/ that too. For years food has been my comfort & it'll take time to change that. But, if you screw up, determine to get it right the next time you put something in your mouth....
    You can do it, just don't stress over a mistake...that will make you want to eat more junk....try some deep breathing & remind yourself that it's ok...you WILL do better!
    You can do it - we are all here for ya!!
  • Myth
    Options
    Booksarenice, I have been asking myself why when I go to eat and Im not hungary and tell myself how mad Ill be if I do eat it. Sometimes I dont even realize I have some emotion going on, like right now I just posted another post about wanting to eat cookies or muffin and I realized it is becaause my hubby is not here and I hate being alone especially at night. So figuring it out is a big help. I agree.

msrn, I have tried some yago, I have the wii fit, and I actually do like how I feel when I am done. maybe a video only cause it takes so long to get through the wii process,lol. Thank for the tip.

apdoxies, that is also something to consider, planing for a snack like that. Thnks for the tip.

SHan