NYBNY Challenge week 10 results week 11 chat closed group

Options
Congratulations to Team Abnehmen who won this weeks challenge with a 102 points.
Team Thin It to Win It had 71 and Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses had 68 points. (Things are looking better!! :smooched: )

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Drunkwithwords with 10% lost
Individual with the most pounds lost: Drunkwithwords: 5 lbs.
Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Mindy with 4,702

New category: Perfect 10's: Marti, Lauren, Gwynne, Cassandre, and Emily

We have lost a total of 184 lbs so far!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

Special congrats to Drunkwithwords and Casssandre for making the list in the first week of being in the challenge!! :flowerforyou:

Team Abnehmen here is your trophy....

9336080_4459.jpg

copy and paste to your signature, change the capital I's in Img to lowercase i's at the beginning and end.

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Woot! I am so proud of my team- everyone worked really hard this last week and it's showing! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify: Is that calorie burn for the whole week, or just the weekend? If the latter, then WOW Mindy!!!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Just to clarify: Is that calorie burn for the whole week, or just the weekend? If the latter, then WOW Mindy!!!

just the weekend!!!!!!!!!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

The Princesses are looking for one more member so if you know of any motivated individuals that would be interested, please let me know.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok, so we've had some personnel changes in the last few weeks. Make sure you are friends with all your team members. The teams are as follows:

Team Thin It to Win It:
    wvualum (Lorie)
    DancinSMartiPants (Marti)
    lauralou23 (Laura)
    dipsl19 (Lauren)
    kitiara47 (Rachel)
    msbrownsugga (Kedia)
    gmen82990 (Josh)

Team Abnehmen:
    gwynnehamer (Gwynne)
    cncadieux (Cassandre)
    Drunkwithwords (Jonnaliz)
    KelieHerrera (Kelie)
    nb9251 (Naomi)
    murelzgirl (Jennifer)
    Kekibird (Katie)

Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses:
    Med79 (Marie)
    libs41223 (Libby)
    allnamesrtaken (Michelle)
    feydruss (Nicola)
    twinmom1221 (Emily)
    ljjorgensen (Jeanie)
    minni2906 (Mindy)

Let me know if there are any questions.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

The Princesses are looking for one more member so if you know of any motivated individuals that would be interested, please let me know.

not sure how this works but Me me me...lol pick me :)
  • wvualum
    Options
    Great job everyone!

not sure how this works but Me me me...lol pick me :)

Send a message to Twinmom1221. She can give you the details!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!

I'm a new team member, part of Team Abnehmen (GO TEAM! GO!).

I'm Katie, been at this for about a year and lost about 11 lbs and 8 inches. I'm ready to get a start on the next 10 lbs!

Thanks for having me!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Team Thin It to Win It was in charge of planning October’s fun-filled Halloween themed challenges. Please read these carefully.

Monster Mash Mondays
    Mash-ups of squats, lunges, jumping jacks, crunches. 25 of each for one point, 50 for two! Have to do all four, though (2 pts)
    Weigh in (by 3 p.m. EST), as always (1pt)
    Tombstone Tuesdays
    Do 5 planks, hold for 30 seconds each (1 pt)
    30 minutes of weight training (1 pt)
    Wicked Wednesdays
    Water challenge, drink 100 oz. (1 pt)
    Make a FRESH meal comprised totally of non-packaged ingredients (1 pt)
    incorporate a fruit or veggie you don’t normally eat (1pt)
    Trick or Treat Thursdays
    Walk for 30 minutes! (as if you’re trick or treating) (1 pt)
    Share a tip or recipe on the board (1 pt)
    Freaky Fridays
    Meet your fiber requirements! (1pt)
    Do a half hour of cardio (1 pt)

Batty Bonus Points:
    One point for each weekend day (Saturday and Sunday) that you stay within your net calorie limit. (2 pts)

Creepy Crawley Calorie Burn Challenge:
    10 points to the team who burns the most calories for the WHOLE WEEK. 5 points for second place.

Total possible individual points possible: 14

Total possible team points: 122

***********If you need clarification on any of these please let me or Lauren (dipsl19) know. If you cannot do these exercises, please contact me and we will work out an alternative exercise for you to do. Please do this asap. Once we have worked out an alternative, I will let your team captain know.********************

I wanted to add a few things to try to help motivate everyone..

We now have 3 months left in the challenge. I wanted to give you an update of our overall progress to date and how far we have to go:

Total Goal to Lose 1,153 pounds.
    Lost 184 pounds or 16%
    To go… 969 lbs or 84%
    We have burned 126,447 calories during the weekend challenge, which is 36 lbs.

Our Top 5 Losers:
    Gwynne: 19.5 lbs.
    Jeanie: 17.3 lbs.
    Lorie: 17 lbs.
    Marti: 13 lbs.
    Naomi: 12 lbs.

In October we have the possibility of earning 14 points each or 112 (without the calorie burn challenge points), so let’s shoot for 100 pts per team per week.

As a group, according to our MFP tickers, we have lost 457 lbs. Can we make it to 1,000 by the end of the year????

Remember this:

If you have made mistakes there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start at any moment you choose, for this thing called failure is not in the falling down, but in the staying down.

LET’S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    yayy im so excited for october!! :) bring it onnnn
  • rebeccask
    Options
    I'm loving the October challenge titles! Can I just say thanks for the weekend challenges in advance? I think they're really going to help me keep control of drinking and whatnot that seems to happen during the weekend.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Question on the fresh meal challenge. Do frozen veggies count as packaged foods? I'm talking green beans and corn, not tater tots or broccoli with cheese sauce.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm the newest member of the WLWP team. So happy to be here and meet everyone.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Question on the fresh meal challenge. Do frozen veggies count as packaged foods? I'm talking green beans and corn, not tater tots or broccoli with cheese sauce.

I say as long as they are plain, no butters or other seasonings on it, that would be fine. Sometimes good fresh veggies aren't easy to find.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm the newest member of the WLWP team. So happy to be here and meet everyone.

Welcome and do you mind telling us what your first name is?
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok, so we've had some personnel changes in the last few weeks. Make sure you are friends with all your team members. The teams are as follows:

Team Thin It to Win It:
    wvualum (Lorie)
    DancinSMartiPants (Marti)
    lauralou23 (Laura)
    dipsl19 (Lauren)
    kitiara47 (Rachel)
    msbrownsugga (Kedia)
    gmen82990 (Josh)

Team Abnehmen:
    gwynnehamer (Gwynne)
    cncadieux (Cassandre)
    Drunkwithwords (Jonnaliz)
    KelieHerrera (Kelie)
    nb9251 (Naomi)
    murelzgirl (Jennifer)
    Kekibird (Katie)

Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses:
    Med79 (Marie)
    libs41223 (Libby)
    allnamesrtaken (Michelle)
    feydruss (Nicola)
    twinmom1221 (Emily)
    ljjorgensen (Jeanie)
    minni2906 (Mindy)

Let me know if there are any questions.

Sorry I missed rebeccask on Team Thin It to Win It. Sorry Rebecca!
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    I'm loving the October challenges! Let's go Team Thin It To Win It!! :happy:
  • minni2906
    Options

If you ever want to burn this many calories, spend ALL day [8 hours] helping someone move from a third floor apartment. I surely won't be doing that again any time soon!!!!!! My calves are STILL burning!!!!!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Excited for October. Just the last few days I've totally ramped up my game, knowing that I'm with you guys. Ready to kick some butt!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Such an awesome week for everyone. I'm super excited about the October challenges.