Hello...healthy for good

hairprincess
hairprincess Posts: 27
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. My name is Michelle, and I joined this site about a week ago. I'm here because I want to be healthy for good. I'm 25 years old, and I have battled bulimia and anorexia since I was 12 years old. That is more than half my life. I have wasted too much time on being sick. In 2006, I was relatively ED free, then in 2007 when I got engaged I fell back into old patterns. I promised myself I would quit after the wedding and I have. The problem? If you're binging and not purging your weight goes up, and up and up. My new doctor--she doesn't know of my history yet--suggested I lose a few. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

Anyway, I decided I have battled food for too long. I am now trying to eat better, have been going to the gym, and even went to get my nails done today. I want to find the courage to tell my doctor about my past so she can maybe recommend a nutritionist and therapist for me. I think I am going to need all the support I can get.

Sorry this was so long...I guess I really needed to share all that.

Replies

• Hi everyone. My name is Michelle, and I joined this site about a week ago. I'm here because I want to be healthy for good. I'm 25 years old, and I have battled bulimia and anorexia since I was 12 years old. That is more than half my life. I have wasted too much time on being sick. In 2006, I was relatively ED free, then in 2007 when I got engaged I fell back into old patterns. I promised myself I would quit after the wedding and I have. The problem? If you're binging and not purging your weight goes up, and up and up. My new doctor--she doesn't know of my history yet--suggested I lose a few. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

Anyway, I decided I have battled food for too long. I am now trying to eat better, have been going to the gym, and even went to get my nails done today. I want to find the courage to tell my doctor about my past so she can maybe recommend a nutritionist and therapist for me. I think I am going to need all the support I can get.

Sorry this was so long...I guess I really needed to share all that.
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Sounds like you are taking a great first step. Don't let Food win!! I try to focus on being healthy and if I lose some weight...GREAT!! Tell your doctor your history. That is very important to share. Everyone has their issues and problems. Doctors here thing like this all the time. You are not alone.

This is a lifestyle change...and I am 35 and just now getting it!! LOL Exercise and healthy foods
    I am trying to lose my baby weight and then some. My baby is 21 months...so it is TIME!

loss-ticker]124430.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP! I agree with Lynettep...you should tell your doctor about your history. She will be better able to help you lose the weight if she knows where you're coming from. You found a great site here to help you lose the weight with the food diary and exercise diary, not tp mention all of the support from fellow MFP'ers trying to lose weight too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.