Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
Whenever I'm doing deep seated jacks (P90X Plus, intervals) or jump lunges (plyoX), and I extend my hands over my head as instructed, I get the most uncomfortable, "oogey" pulling sensation in the inner part of my wrists (basically where you'll feel for your pulse). Because of this, I end up not extending my arms straight over my head for these moves and keep them slightly bent and out wider. It's just so strange, and curious if anyone else experienced this...

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced that specifically but something similar...I think it could be the movement is pinching a nerve
  • am1990
    Options
    does the p90x really work? Where do you get it. I sometimes use Zumba videos but my dvd isn't working for some odd reason.

Thanks!
  • JCMercyGrace
    Options
    my hands tingle when I exercise and often put them above my head, or when walking and swinging my arms. I once asked my doc about it, but I don't recall what he said. So, I think it isn't a huge deal, but for now, unless someone else has a much better answer (My reply is mostly so you know that someone has read it and is thinking about you) -- most any answer is better :) I'd continue to not extend your arms.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Bought P90X and P90X+ off beachbody.com
    They definitely kicked my work outs up a notch (or 10), previously was doing jackie Warner workouts in addition to running 3-4times a week.
    I did P90X twice (ran twice a week on my cardio days).
    I'm doing P90X+ now, and run 4miles each weekend day. I usually don't have a rest day unless I can't manage to find the time (have an evening meeting or plans that make working out far too difficult). Fwiw, I work full time, commute 2hours/day and have a 5yo and 7yo.
    i like the schedule and routine, but do mix it up (thus "graduating" to P90X+). I haven't lost much weight (but wasn't too far from goal when I started), but have slimmed down a bit, and have more toned upper body and less leg/bottom cellulite than before.

IN short, it works if you work it!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm doing deep seated jacks (P90X Plus, intervals) or jump lunges (plyoX), and I extend my hands over my head as instructed, I get the most uncomfortable, "oogey" pulling sensation in the inner part of my wrists (basically where you'll feel for your pulse). Because of this, I end up not extending my arms straight over my head for these moves and keep them slightly bent and out wider. It's just so strange, and curious if anyone else experienced this...
    does the p90x really work? Where do you get it. I sometimes use Zumba videos but my dvd isn't working for some odd reason.

Thanks!

When I do it I throw up the \m/ HOOK EM \m/ sign instead......modify lol

and yes p90x works!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Bought P90X and P90X+ off beachbody.com
    They definitely kicked my work outs up a notch (or 10), previously was doing jackie Warner workouts in addition to running 3-4times a week.
    I did P90X twice (ran twice a week on my cardio days).
    I'm doing P90X+ now, and run 4miles each weekend day. I usually don't have a rest day unless I can't manage to find the time (have an evening meeting or plans that make working out far too difficult). Fwiw, I work full time, commute 2hours/day and have a 5yo and 7yo.
    i like the schedule and routine, but do mix it up (thus "graduating" to P90X+). I haven't lost much weight (but wasn't too far from goal when I started), but have slimmed down a bit, and have more toned upper body and less leg/bottom cellulite than before.

IN short, it works if you work it!!

Actually you bought P90X+ from me... LOL :wink: