The Quinoa Mystery.....

Options
2»

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make stuffed peppers with this one day.

I've made stuffed peppers with it! It is very good and more filling I think.

Here is a link I just posted in another thread for a quinoa salad I love to make. Hope you get a chance to try it!

http://ibuyflour.blogspot.com/2010/06/quinoa-salad.html
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I had to learn the trick to rinse it first or it tasted like "dirt" IMO. I rinse in a bowl of water for about a minute, then strain it through a papertowel over the top of the bowl to get the water out. Cook like rice in a rice cooker on 50% power in the microwave for about 20 minutes for 1 cup - 2 parts water to 1 part grain, like rice.

My kids eat is savory for breakfast, with baked apples, dried fruit, cinnamon, and honey - much like oatmeal.

It also keeps great for a cold salad: Mozerellla Cheese, Kalamata Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Red Onion, Grape Tomatoes, Italian Dressing, keeps for days and makes a great lunch.
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa, I make a batch of it on the weekends so I have it around to pack for lunches or have as a side dish with dinner. It's extremely filling, a great protein source and has a good bit of iron in it as well. I've never tried cooking it in broth, that sounds amazing!