Hip Hop Hustle Certified! Whoot! Whoot!

Options
I finally did it! After a year of talking about it, I got certified in Hip Hop Hustle! Yeah!!!!!! After having the amazing opportunity to take Hip Hop Hustle live with Chalene over a year ago, I was hooked! I was surprised because I wasn't sure what I would think of it but I was dripping with sweat afterwards and had so much fun! That's what it's all about it anyway! So, I'm happy to say I am now a cert HHH instructor!

Next is Turbo Kick! Can't wait! Gotta diversify yourself ya know! :wink:

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence about it, if you love to dance and help others, I say do it! Best feeling ever!

LET'S DANCE!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am Turbo Kick certified but haven't considered HHH.
    I AM considering PiYo though.
    Congrats again :)
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    Congrats. I was thinking of doing that too or maybe Zumba. How was it?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm currently signed up to do TK training next weekend (as long as the required minimum sign up) and was thinking about looking into both HHH and PiYo. Like you said, got to diversify! :smile: Are you going to teach classes?
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    ceelove: Oh I'm sure there will be the min required sign up! I am going to start teaching classes at a local community center and then look into the private gyms.

exercisesucks: What's with the screen name? lol It doesn't suck. I was thinking of Zumba maybe as wel as I love to salsa dance and love any kind of latin music/movement! The HHH was awesome and I was drenched in sweat! I highly recommend it!

I just got done practicing one of the hustles we got and what a workout!!!!! Can't wait to start teaching!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    The minimum has been reached. I can't wait to come back and exclaim that I'm TK certified!!
  • sweet_sabrin8502
    Options
    Congrats on getting certified. They cancelled our Hip Hop Hustle class at our YMCA. :-( Loved it though. Hope they bring it back!

@exercisesucks: I'm surprised you were thinking of getting cert in Zumba. I haven't met many men who are interested in that. That's so awesome!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    ceelove: Yeah!!!!! So excited to hear all about it! Make sure and come back to tell us how it went! I can't wait to get my TK cert next!

sweet_sabrina: Oh no, that sucks. Well, I know that the Y's and the community centers are struggling right now in my area due to budget cuts; two of my classes that I was suppose to teach my new HHH got cancelled. Booo! :sad: Anyway, hope you find a class in your area! Where do you live?
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I used to dance for more than 16 years and have always toyed with the idea once my fitness level improves. The gym I go to doesn't offer any classes but it might be interesting to try.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Samantha: See, then you could be the one teaching it at your gym! :bigsmile: Go for it!

Hope you're all having a great day!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Bumping this since you just did your training. Did you change your outfit at all during the day? I'm wondering if I truly need to bring a change. My "cute" workout clothes are limited. :laugh:
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey ceelove: Yes, I brought a change of clothes! I was dripping in sweat! lol I changed at lunch time. I just ordered some cute hustle clothes too! So excited! Now, I gotta find some place to teach! My classes at the community center were cancelled due to budget cuts. How are you doing?
  • CCarricato
    Options
    I saw this post and got a huge smile...One of my push goals is to get certified in TK! I gave myself a deadline of 1 year in August, so I have until July of next summer to get into shape so that I can start teaching. I just LOVE Chalene Johnson!!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    CC: Good for you! That's a great goal! It took me a year to actually go through with it and I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to get cert in Turbo Kick now! I too am a huge fan of Chalene!!!!! I am currently doing my 4th round of Chalean Extreme and loving it just as much as the first round! Keep up the good work!

Deb