Same old excersizes

Options
I have been doing the same excersizes for months and am stuck at my weight so i am wondering if my body is used to this and if so whats the best way to switch it up? My current routine is 45 min of eliptical one day, 45 min of biking the next day, 45min of walking/jogging the next day, 25min of weight lifting the next day with 20 min of eliptical, then i go back to the 45 min of eliptical the following day and so forth. I do this 7days a week just rotating each day, i also up the level of machine the 1st of each month so it gets harder, currently i am on level 6 at each machine and i have each machine set at the hill level with cascades. Everyday i do a 10min walk also. Sometimes i do the 30ds at night, this happens about 3x a week. I never go over my food limit which is 1300 (i eat some of my calories back too, just depends on the day!) I drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water a day too. I just dont know what i'm doing wrong i have alot of weight to lose i currently weigh 231 and am 5'6.

Replies

• mrskaylaforthewin
    Options
    take a break lol...and just diet a few days..then start back :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You need to have at least one rest day. Also, try upping your calories. Your body is probably tired from the lack of rest and maybe even tired of doing the same things all the time. Do you do this at a gym? Maybe try a class. If not, get on Amazon (or even go to your library) and try out a new DVD. Just switch it up.
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yea!! Ur g doing great!! you also need to give your body a break..This is going to sound crazy but change ur calorie uptake to like 200-300 more w/e ur comfortable with! and do what your doing and you will be right back to losing!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If you are bored with doing the same routines, try changing it up a little-- do some videos instead ( which you can either buy or borrow them from the library), do some running or anything that work the same muscle but in a different way.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Try switching up exercises for muscle confusion.

If you're looking for a site that switches up core exercise try,

http://randomabs.com/

It gives you a different workout daily. Good luck!!
  • shannamae
    Options
    You need to switch up your workout, your muscles are used to the same motions. Plus, you have to give your body at least 1 day of rest! I have to switch my workouts up every month or so cause I get bored with it for one, and 2nd it gets too easy. Try something more challenging too! If you're not opposed to workout dvds, try one of Jillian's, they whip you into shape fast!! Best of luck to you!!!
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, i do this at the gym. Unfortunately my gym doesnt have any classes! For the price we pay it should!! Anyhow I am not a DVD person if i buy one i dont tend to do it, i have to get out of the house. I have four kids plus a husband and i dont seem to concentrate as well with dvds. I love my routine thats why i keep doing it but like i said just not sure if my body is used to it cause the stall is killing me (4-5wks!)
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    Definitely overdue to completely change your workout routine...mostly recommended to change it up every 4 to 6 weeks because your body does get used to it and it can become boring. There's a ton of ways to switch it up and lots of program information for free online. You can change weights, try supersetting, pyramiding, reverse pyramids, high intensity interval training....