Question of the Day- Day 66!!

Options
2»

Replies

• merrilyigoalong
    Options
    Always protein and usually sugar. I'm usually under on carbs. I think I may need to adjust my goals a little bit.

My rant and $.02 on sugar: My hubs and I went on a low sugar diet in Jan '09 (no more than 30 g/day) and we dropped weight faster than I ever had in my life! I truly believe in that you almost CAN'T eat poorly if you watch your sugar intake! I was AMAZED to see how much sugar was hiding in plain sight in the every day things that I LOVED and considered staples in my diet...like barbecue sauce! With some hunting, I found a pretty decent low sugar one that I enjoyed and lost 32 pounds in 4 months...and then got pregnant and gained it all back! :)
  • cacraft
    Options
    Always protein and usually sugar. I'm usually under on carbs. I think I may need to adjust my goals a little bit.

My rant and $.02 on sugar: My hubs and I went on a low sugar diet in Jan '09 (no more than 30 g/day) and we dropped weight faster than I ever had in my life! I truly believe in that you almost CAN'T eat poorly if you watch your sugar intake! I was AMAZED to see how much sugar was hiding in plain sight in the every day things that I LOVED and considered staples in my diet...like barbecue sauce! With some hunting, I found a pretty decent low sugar one that I enjoyed and lost 32 pounds in 4 months...and then got pregnant and gained it all back! :)

That's good. I keep my sugar under 30g too, and it seems to be working. I've stopped adding sauces to my foods as much as I can. Plain seems boring, but once you get used to tasting the food on it's own without masking it - it's not too bad!