What is your favourite filling lunch???

Options
Looking for something different and filling for lunch today. I work in a building w/a very good cafe if you are interested in 1)spending $15 for a sandwich or gaining 2 lbs daily on high fat/calorie options. Therefore, I almost allways bring my lunch. Today, however, I didn't. Any suggestions for something filling that isn't a salad w/protien on it? I have access to a microwave and hot water if it involves heating. There are several large chain grocery stores as well as resturants nearby that I can run to.

Any suggestions so I don't start hunting down office candy dishes at around 3:30 this afternoon.

Thanks!
:drinker:

Replies

• emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    a can of tuna or some soup does the trick for me!!
  • Joyce_S
    Joyce_S Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am currently addicted to EarthFare's cranberry pecan chicken salad! I eat it with Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins. It is delicious, and feels like such a splurge. But it is 180 cals for 1/2 cup.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Does the grocery store have any of the pre-cooked/sliced chicken breast packages?? That would be my first choice......
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Soup with a piece of fruit

Turkey Slices and cheese with a piece of fruit?

Whole Wheat Sandwich

Tuna and Wheat Crackers

Protein is what is going to fill ya up and keep you full ...
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond nut thins, sliced turkey, light cheese, and brown mustard. YUM!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    A greek yogurt, individual frozen edamame, an apple and veggie/spring roll from the sushi section of the grocery store. I do this a lot and it is very filling.
  • skye15
    skye15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A couple eggs with with light cheese, salsa, a slice of avocado!
  • msshuwana
    Options
    Lean Pockets Whole Grain Culinary Creations. They have several different flavors. Today I had (1) Chicken, spinach, and cheese. Awesome! I pair it with 1 cup of progresso soup ( try not to drink to much of the juice to eliminate some of the sodium). I feel stuffed. Hope this helps.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Do you like sushi? A lot of grocery store are starting to carry it.

I'm useless for ideas because I live close to work and I come home every day for lunch. I am the leftover queen!