What's your fav low calorie snack/meal?

Options
What is your favorite low calorie snack? I'm a snacker and am always looking for a good filling snack, but I still want to keep in my calorie goal! Or a common problem with me is coming to the end of the day and it's dinner time and I don't have a ton of calories to spare....so what's your favorite low calorie meal?
Some of my current fav snacks? Yogurt. cottage cheese. Cheese stick. POP chips (nom!) sweet potatoes.
I'm not a picky eater so let's hear it!

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite low calorie meals:

1. Parmesan Chicken (boneless,skinless breast sprinkled with parmesan cheese, bake at 425 for 30 minutes) and a simply steamers veggie; the garden medley is my favorite at the moment.

2. Lemon Pepper tilapia broiled and a veggie of some sort

ETA: Either meal can be made for under 300 calories and both are filling. My hubby loves parmesan chicken so I usually make extra and have this for leftover lunches also.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    FiberOne 90 calorie Peanut butter snack.

YUMMMMY =]
  • rhia2
    rhia2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PICKLES!!! :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    strawberries with nonfat yogurt
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Fav snacks:
    Granny smith and PB2
    Banana and PB2 chocolate
    Snap peas
    Greek yogurt
    Nectarine or peach
    Nature Valley Oats n' Dark Chocolate
    Kraft 2% string cheese
    Pepperidge Farm baked Goldfish
    Fiber One bars

Fav meal:
    3-4 oz. rare fillet mignon; mixed greens with tomato and cucumber w/ balsamic vinegar; sliced granny smith & peaches for dessert
  • Margaret0626
    Options
    60 calorie puddings, 100 calorie popcorn snack, and I just discovered the Skinny Cow chocolate clusters... there are only like 5 in the package but they are really yummy
  • hiltonheadagain
    Options
    Zbars (its a kid Cliff bar), they are filling and only 130 calories. I get chocolate chip or brownie and I really feel like I'm having a treat!
    If it's quantitiy I want, I go for the pickles too just as someone else mentioned. You can eat a lot and they are low in calories.
  • BLGartner
    Options
    I love to have a laughing cow wedge with Tomato Basil Wheat Thins. Delicious snack. Add some grapes or a piece of fruit ... wahlah!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite low calorie snack? I'm a snacker and am always looking for a good filling snack, but I still want to keep in my calorie goal! Or a common problem with me is coming to the end of the day and it's dinner time and I don't have a ton of calories to spare....so what's your favorite low calorie meal?
    Some of my current fav snacks? Yogurt. cottage cheese. Cheese stick. POP chips (nom!) sweet potatoes.
    I'm not a picky eater so let's hear it!

Carrots
    Cucumbers
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Low fat string cheese, del Monte strawberries and banana in gel. I life in a hot weather all the time so I love low sugar popsicles! :)